Re: "Chordie's Chat Corner" Now Open For Business!

Have a good one badeye! believe it or not i am working hard here? updateing My work files!
But chordie helps make it easier,as a post pops up every so ofton,and lightens the load.
Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Thank you Lena. Just got in from work. A beautiful day here today. Got to get some grass cut as 6 or 7 couples are pitching tents in my big yard for weekend. Its gonna be a big kitchen back yard jam with plenty of treats. LOL.

Have a good one....Badeye.

one caper after another

Badeye, your being very bold now! It hasnt stopped raining here all day? Its been coming down without the buckets!

Jeez, and now your telling me about pitching tents , heat , music and good grub, not to mention booze,, If this Rain keeps up i could very well be in your yard on Sat!! lol.

Old Doll.

Bring your tent.The forecast for saturday is sunny and warm.
It's the "24" weekend. [ a "24" is a large case of beer] LOL.
We are Cape Bretoners our motto is "If you are hungry We'll feed you, If you Thirsty We will give you something to drink and if your bord we will entertian you".Come one Come all.

....Badeye.

Bring Guitars.

one caper after another

Hey tunedeaf, are the Leafs that bad?  I wouldn't know anymore.   Last time I was really into Hockey, Wayne Gretsky was still hot.  but I liked the game best when I was a kid and there were only 6 teams, and a fight breakout was an infrequent event, and therefore a big deal that made big news. Typical scores were 3-2, or 2-1, 4-1 or something like that.  Last time I went to the Gardens to watch a game, it was mostly fighting and not much good playing.  But that was in `89.  Dunno how it is now.
Being a Torontonian, I will always root for the Leafs-- and also they have the best coloured uniforms....
I heard over here, that you guys had a year with no hockey.  How did everybody cope?

Yeah the N H L hockey players went on strike. I tell you I really did'nt miss  it. I watched hockey when it was six Teams . No helmuts when a game was a game. Today its driven by money. Players today make a million plus . some make 5, 6 , 7 million. Wow Its just a game.As a kid Hockey Night In Canada was something you just didn't miss.Of course it was black and white T.V. But you know what Its All Good.

....Badeye.

one caper after another

The Leaf's goaltender got hit by a bus last week. It went through his legs.

...Badeye.

one caper after another

that's just too funny.......

Of course I come from a city that riots when we win the cup. Hockey is like religion here.  As kids we would play anywhere, the street, a frozen pond, local rink in the parks, homemade ice in the backyard...... you would find all the pucks in the spring when the snow melted.

As for the leafs.....well what can I say I'm a Montrealer.

I may be goin' to hell in a bucket babe

Good Morning Badeye, hope the head is not to bad today? and a great time was had by all!

Old Doll

And now for something completely different:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIOYLMnTt0s

Watch and wonder . . .

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

I have six brothers, and they all had team outfits--one of each.  They had to choose which one to wear by what size fit.  If one brother could wear Leafs in 58, in 59 he might have to wear Blackhawks, which might not be so bad, but IF you had to wear a Bruins outfit, don't even show your face on the ice.... My whole childhood, they were in the basement...
We lived in the country, and we also had the obligatory yard ice rink, and yeah, there were no helmets. 

I started (was forced to a little bit) to watch soccer (called football here)  since I moved to Germany.  And although I was not into it AT ALL, I did start to notice that the rules are very similar.  Offside, and all that stuff.  It made it easy to follow the game.  So I can sit through a soccer game now and then and not get a head-ache.   It's nice and fast, like hockey.

37 (edited by VirginiaK 2007-06-18 22:53:27)

Street Guitarist:

Pretty amazing, I must say.  A bit humbling.... Makes you appreciate what you've got, even if you can't do as well as him with it (them).

The armless guitarist in the videos is in a band now - here is their website:

http://www.bigtoerocks.com/stage.html

"That darn Pythagorean Comma thing keeps messing me up!"
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_comma[/url]

Good Morning James
That video is something to watch! How now can i feel Hindered with all my body parts  to play Guitar!  Thank you for the wake up call, and the pure enjoyment of watching him Play.

Old Doll.

Wow that's amazing, should make all begginers not want to stop playing.Great Post  Thank You

...Badeye.

one caper after another