Topic: It's happened again!

Well, the X-Factor has another winner and the great british voting public have foisted on us another dreary karaoke act who will add nothing whatsoever to music, performance, musicianship or personality. 

The cult of celebrity is still going strong however.

I would also like to add my commiserations to Damien Rice who must have been mugged and blackmailed into allowing his 'Cannonball' to be sullied beyond hope of redemption by the Cabbage Patch Dolls.

cool

I'm the son of rage and love

Re: It's happened again!

As far as I was concerned there was only one worthy act this time, Janet Devlin.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

What is the X factor?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

jjj the x factor is alot like american idol,I have not been following it very well though,I do not like it as much as american idol,but I do like too look at Paula Abdule!! (she and simon cowell are two of the judges.)

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I view the Xfactor as light entertainment harmless and enjoyed by many people. Not my cup of tea and certainly not going to add a lot to musical history.
It's strange how it gets the back up of a some people. I guess we all different. I think in this world there's room for some crass musical entertainment for maybe just for the laugh it gives us..... you know us serious musicians.  lol
ark

I have never seen american idol.So I definitely havent seen x factor.No,I don`t live in a cave,I have never seen any of the star wars movies either

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

These shows give striving amateurs and struggling pros a much needed audience. There is no guarantee of true fame or even acceptance - not to mention riches.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Is this the one where they can do their own songs?

If so, I approve.  If not, cover acts aren't my thing.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

WOW Joey!!!!! Do yourself a favor, grab gabbytrout and sit down to the Star Wars saga. I'm not a huge fan but they are classic and should be seen. As far as the other two shows, don't waste your time.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I must confess I did'nt know what the x-factor or american idol was, but I did see the first star wars movie (was not what I was expecting, guess I'm just an old star trek fan).

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

11 (edited by beamer 2011-12-13 02:38:27)

JJJ, Yep you got to at least see the original 3 STAR WARS movies with Mark Hamell(sp)!  Im not a big fan of the 3 Pre-quils.

Jeep,   I am a Trek fan myself, Hence the name BEAMER.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

jerome, no they cant do their own songs, they do covers. mostly not very good covers at that!

i've got to say that the judges should be taken out and shot (along with jeremy clarkson) i was just getting to respect 
gary barlow (one of the judges who writes and sings most of the songs in a boy band called "take that") but after hearing his comments and totally disagreeing with his judgement calls i rate him alongside tullisa and louie...a point below zero

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.