Re: New band name could win you some cash

When I lived in Portland I played with a hard rock band called High Voltage we did a lot of concerts opening for some name acts great city the most fun gig was the hydroplane races we played on a barge in the middle of the lake everyone was stoned falling off the barge as the hydroplane boats raced by lol 

papaguitar wrote:

Hi all, just a quick update- No name chosen as of yet. We are in kindofa lull right now with the holidays. Visiting
  relatives and work has us missing practices and so we are going to regroup soon and get back at it.

Getting close to a name. We are narrowing it down, I HOPE, so may have news soon. Time has not been on our
side I guess. Had to turn down gigs because we don't have enough "solid" material ready. We are booking starting
February for sure. I also wanted to get a clip of a vid we did however my tech savy really sucks and I need help
to get that going. The vid is not a great one as the lighting and such wasn't favorable, but I'll get it on board as time
permits.

Hey Russell--I'm glad we are NOT a punk band.lol    There was a Portland band that went by the name Sweaty
Nipples. Must have been one of those kind.             Mike

"Growing old is not for sissies"

Wow, I did not know you had lived out here Russell. Must have missed that tidbit along the way here. I'll bet some
     of the local fixtures may remember your band as I didn't call this area home til 1980 and didn't visit the big city
     much anyway.

Our intuitions serve us well

there was another band who were friends of ours they called themselves the "Doogie Brothers" not very original but they were good the last group I remember opening for was Deep Purple I still think our drummer (John Baker) was the best I ever played with he had a double bass drum set and VERY heavy on the back beat he was phenomenal on solos. smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

during the 70's i played with a band called "Enchiriadis" (enkiriadis) it's a musical term that was suggested to me by a music teacher. i cant remember now what it means (old age) but feel free to use it if you like it, and can pronounce it.

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

Finally!!!!      Since the holidays a lot has happened to our newly formed band, one being a name finally chosen, or
  actually just thought up a couple days ago and agreed on.  Some others issues involve loosing our drummer to
  personal issues needing attended to and without any hatred we understand. He will be missed, but still a friend.

A couple phone calls over a brew at a band meeting and we have not only another drummer showing sat., but
also keyboard/guitar, and a name all in one. Some of us have worked with both in the past so it should work out
fine.

Simple band name but has some flare to it:   HOTLICK MOJO

So now we'll put all entries from Chordie in hat and draw as none of the entries were used, not that many were
not good, and thanks for all the input.   I''ll post the winner tomorrow.                 Mike

Our intuitions serve us well