Topic: What you're looking for - Stacia Petrie

Looking to see if anyone has or can decipher the chords for this song from Stacia Petrie.  I have heard the song on Sirius Coffee house but have not found much information on any tabs or chords.  Here is a link to the song from YouTube  http://youtu.be/vC9MLpwXAVU 

Any help would be appreciated.  I am not real good at figuring chords out yet from a song unless I'm  playing around and go "hey that sounds like..."

1991 Washburn D12CE/N
2006 Taylor 412ce

"What I want is songs that echo. The stuff we're doing now is like somebody's bedsheets; spread 'em out, soil 'em, ship 'em out to laundry, you know? But our songs...I want us to be able to fold ourselves up in them forever...understand?  Words and music."

Re: What you're looking for - Stacia Petrie

Resprod, that is such a pretty song.Glad you posted it.

[INTRO] A,D,A,D
[VERSE CHORDS] A,D,E,A,D,E,F#,D,F#,D,A,E,A,D,A,D
[ENDING]E,A,D,A,D,A,D,A

I tried both F# and F#minor. Don't know which one I like better. What do you think?
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

3 (edited by resprod 2011-12-16 17:24:50)

Re: What you're looking for - Stacia Petrie

Tubatooter:

Thank you so much.  I will sit down and run it through.  I will have to practice both F as I try to avoid when all possible but I think I could make it work once in a while :-)  I will let you know my thought on the major to minor on the F#

1991 Washburn D12CE/N
2006 Taylor 412ce

"What I want is songs that echo. The stuff we're doing now is like somebody's bedsheets; spread 'em out, soil 'em, ship 'em out to laundry, you know? But our songs...I want us to be able to fold ourselves up in them forever...understand?  Words and music."