Topic: Who is the most important member(s) in a band

The most important musicians in a band are, more important than most people think, the musicians playing the rythm section, DRUMMERS, BASS guitar. If you play electric or acoustic, you might be important, but even "finger pickers" use the low strings to create a rythm effect.

It are those 2 people who have to be the most attentive players. If the guitarist is starting with a 30 minutes solo, the rythm guys have to follow, BUT if you work with a drum machine basloops included, the machine will not follow you, but you have to follow the machine. That makes the difference between a good rockband and a VERY GOOD rockband: follow the rythm

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

Re: Who is the most important member(s) in a band

If you want to share your opinion, please do. I compared the rytm section with a drummachine with bassloops, it never change what you have put in it. It is a pity that I noticed that there can be only ONE vote

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

THE MOST IMPORTANT MEMBER IN MY OPINION,THE ONE WITH THE VAN/TRUCK,AND THE ONE WITH THE BEER MONEY.

I'd say the manager.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

He's right,along with your road crew. He's the one who get's you paid.

When you listen to a band or your band and the music, vocals ,and delivery, sound great you will realize that ALL of the members in a band are of equal importance.
If they are all skilled, it is majic, and you have a very marketable product and you will make memories for yourself and others that will last a lifetime

There isn't a most important member. Everybody has to click & flow well or the group will flop. Geesh...haven't you watched all these rock band movies out there? wink

[url=http://www.jamplay.com/]JamPlay.com[/url] - Online guitar lessons.

most important member: THE BAND

only dead fish go with the flow cool

Rockin Gecko

Most important member...the public!
I they don't dig it...go home.

As far as the public is concerned ---the singer.  As far as Im concerned ---the drummer.

Definitely the audience!

I'm the son of rage and love

You can't have one member of the band with out the other. They balence each other out.
cool danpsr

Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel
Jimi Hendrix
cool danspr

I agree they are all important, manager included. I also noticed that big groups start to use "music lawyers" to defend them.
But I stick to the rythmsection, it is not always easy to follow that section. Don't relie on the guitar player(s), because one of them can start playing a solo, and his rythm is changing, I mean that at that moment it is the job, mostly the drummer, to follow and to lead it in good directions.

As far as music with the band is concerned, such as writing and making a name for yourself, all aspects and parts of the band are neccessary and of equal importance. When it comes to the audience and putting on shows, it would have to be the person with the most enthusiasm, but when it comes to any kind of playing, whether recording or performing, you have to follow the rythym.

Have you ever thought of a world with no hypothetical situations??

If your band had to be only one member, it would probably have to be a guitarist or a singer.