1 (edited by Guitarpix 2011-12-23 18:01:29)

Topic: Just be thankful your family is safe.........

It's been a rough day guys......

Today's my Birthday and the family and I were fixing to leave for a day of shopping when we heard a gunshot....  We look around and hear someone screaming next door. Wife and I run over and shes calling 911. We round their van to find a terrible site....

Laying there is a 15 and 16 year old girl with gunshot wounds to their chests.... Both are in real bad shape but the 16 yo is worse so I begin treatment... The mother is beside me crying and craddling/rocking the 15 yo all of us covered in blood..... I tried the best I could with the help of another neighbor but the 16 yo girl (Jasmine) died looking in my eyes with me telling her it'd all be okay......  The 15 yo was bad as well and it's doubtful she'll make it either.... It's been really hard this morning..... I worked EMS for years as a paramedic and quite after an incident similar to this... The wife is in shambles as shes never experienced anything this terrible.... Can't quit shaking now that it's all over.... Guy across the street was cleaning a high powered rifle and it went off going through his house and hitting the family getting out of their car next door...

My heart goes out to that family.... I can't imagine what they're going through.

I'm a hard man and I've cried my eyes out like a baby this morning......

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Just be thankful your family is safe.........

Hi pix I am sorry you and your family and all the other people involved are having to go through all this. Iwish you all a better day and hope for the best for all of you.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Pix (and family) - what an absolute tragedy. A terrible, freakish accident - so sorry for you all and the other families involved...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2011/12/23/devel … n-shooting   Mines the grey and white house next door.... They quoted me wrong... it was the 16 yo that passed on scene....

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

How terrible. I'm so sorry, but really I don't know what to say. Nothing helps I'm sure. But you and your wife are in my thoughts and prayers. Is this the story about the Amish girl I heard on the news?

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Thanks   No this just happened... see my link to the story in the post above yours.

Absolutely heartbreaking news Pix. My thoughts and prayers are with all the families that have been affected by this tragedy.

Bless you for your comfort given to Jasmine and the courage provided in a terrible situation.

In my prayers

KAP

Just Keepin on Keepin on
Martin DC15E
Cort MR710F
Squire Strat (Chinese)

There's not much to say.  I'll pray for the souls of those girls, that the mother can be moved to forgiveness, and peace for the man who was cleaning his rifle and killed his neighbor.  I'm sure he never intended something to awful, and that no one else could have expected it.   Awful, terrible, tragedy: whatever word one uses is inadequate to the task. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

A terrible tragedy at any time but particularly awful at this time of year. My thoughts and prayers to everyone involved.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Wow Pix..thats tough. My thoughts are with you, Billie and the whole neighborhood. Just Wow.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Hey buddy, sorry to hear of such a tragedy. As a lifelong hunter and shooter I want to stress to everybody that may not be ALWAYS TREAT EVERY FIREARM AS IF IT WERE LOADED!!!!! Your neighbor showed no respect to that rifle and unfortunately this is often the end result. My prayers go out to everyone involved and it saddens me that a young life was lost. Hopefully the other girl will pull through and you and your family find peace. My best to Mrs. Pix and you. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.   Butch

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Guitarpix,

I have just finished my usual seasonal flowers. Late this evening as, we had a family funeral today. I went to Facebook to wish you a Happy Birthday, which led me here to read about this awful happening..In that split second in time, you and yours became part of this  sad horrific story unfolding before your eyes..  Please know this Pix. You gave that young girl  who died, the treasure of compassion and comforting words in her last seconds of life.The fact that she didn't survive will never alter your care and attention to her when she needed it.

Use the same care and attention now for you, your beautiful wife and family. Lord knows you all need some gentle time after such an ordeal.

As for the man cleaning the gun ! His path in life has forever changed also. His mind and spirit, now full of dark shadows because of one single mistake. Mistakes can happen for us all... For that man "That's one heavy burden to bear for the rest of ones life..

I could ask the question, " Why would any person need such a powerful gun ? ".. I have a childhood friend who was a painter and decorator. He was working on an old house many years ago now as a young man. He found a old gun in a  press,  pointed it at his workmates, then pulled the trigger. He blew the head off his workmate.. He would have had no idea of guns or ammunition. His workmate died instantly. My friend although still alive, has lived such a tormented life.. There are no winners were guns are concerned, just death.
I hope with time the images you all captured today can be erased.
My love, hugs, and deepest sympathy to all concerned.

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Wow such a heartbreaking story. My heart is racing just from reading it.  What an unlucky shot. Idiot comes to mind. But I agree with Old Doll. You did what you could. Earlier this year I was there when a tragic accident happened. I wasn't as involved as you, but I was right there. It is hard to get passed something like that. I pray for peace for everyone involved.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind words everyone... I'm sure the other families involved appreciate your prayers and support as well. It's been a day... We left shortly after the last ambulance pulled away and giving a statement to the detective... The media was starting to come in droves and we wanted to avoid all the questions... Got home this afternoon and had the SBI and FBI waiting to talk to me.... The other young girl involved has survived surgery but is still unstable in critical condition. The older woman was grazed by several fragments but all injures were relatively minor and she's fine.

Here's a pic of the scene as the last girl was strapped in ready for transport... 
(I'm the guy in the dark jeans and blue shirt stepping back from the stretcher)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7011/6561567751_f082d656c7.jpg

Guitarpix wrote:

Thanks   No this just happened... see my link to the story in the post above yours.

I see. I must have been posting at about the same time as you. Thanks for the link. Can't believe such a tragedy.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Prayers for all involved. So tragic.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Guitarpix - my heart breaks to hear of such tragedy - I pray everyone finds some measure of peace.       

Old Doll - you are indeed a wise and compassionate person.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

Oh wow...  Chris and Billie - what a horrific birthday and pre-Christmas.  My thoughts are with you and especially with the girls' mother.  I am nearly in tears reading through this post, thinking of your own children.  I believe it was a blessing to those girls that you were home and able to come to their aid so quickly, with the experience to know what to do.  I agree with Lena, I am certain you gave that girl a peace that not just anyone else would have been able to give.  I will hug my 15 year old son today, weather he likes it or not.  May Peace be with all.

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I had a bout of insomnia last night for a few hours and took the opportunity to pray for each person involved, that I could think of.  These things tend to involve far more people than is obvious.  When one takes upon themselves the weight of responsibility of a firearm, all the safety rules matter.  Sadly, there were several that must have been forgotten in this case.  The man cleaning that rifle will likely never forget them again, but it's too late now.  It is impossible to imagine the thoughts and constant "what ifs" of their mother, the pain of the man who was cleaning his rifle, the hopes for peace for the soul of girl killed, recovery for the girl injured, you and what you and Billie Jo must be going through, and all the rest. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

The guy cleaning the gun was a 20 year old guy just engaged and starting his life....  He had just moved in about 3-4 months ago but seemed to be a real decent fellow. He's a fellow picker and he and I had talked/picked a few times on mine or his front porch.... I'll never forget his face yesterday....  As I was tending the wound I looked up when I heard the most awful scream to see him drop to his knees in the edge of the yard when he came out and realized what he had done...  I've never seen a persons face so twisted with anguish... He's taking it very hard... The Sheriff department has him in custody on suicide watch as he's that unstable at the moment...

Thanks again everyone for you kind words and prayers!

I made some comments above about the incident pix and  I forgot too say I wish you a good birthday and christmas,I know your spirits are down but said that too you just the same. It would not have been approate too have them in my post before.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

22 (edited by bunbun 2011-12-25 05:55:51)

Guitarpix,

As a fellow Medic who has seen much my heart goes out to you and your family. It, too, goes out to the family of the girls ( I cannot imagine how I would feel if it were my girls), and to the neighbor who made the mistake, but too often we forget about hose who come to our aid in our darkest hour.

I hope that you and your family will find a way to get over this terrible event and, if I may suggest, you go to the fire dept and see if they can refer you and your family to a crisis counselor. In the year prior to my injury I responded to two terrible child deaths, ( a child abuse victim and a dog mauling), and the department called crisis counselors for the responders. It helped those of us that responded. I know it would have helped me after responding to a child death during my probie year.

Perhaps if they had that system in place years ago the profession would not have lost you.

You, your family and those involved will be in my thoughts.

Sorry to hear about this Pix, it's unbelievable what can happen in the blink of an eye, you just never know. I pray that the family can get through this and that you and your wife can as well. It's a good thing you were there to help or it could have been worse. You, your wife, and the family are in our prayers.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

How are you doing today, bud?  I'm a little worried about you.  If you need to talk, hopefully you kept my cell phone number from the river jam.  If not, I'll send it private message on your Facebook.

- Zurf

Hey Pix  hope this finds you and all involved doing better today. Such a terrible thing to face at this time of year,although no time is good. Like Zurf, if there is anyway I can help you know how to contact me. Although distance makes being involved physically difficult, I'm willing to do what I can through email or phone. Take care    Butch

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway