Topic: LEAST Favorite Chritmas Songs

Cam's "Christmas Songs" thread prompted me to start this one.  What are your LEAST favorite Christmas songs?
Here are three off the top of my head:

-  Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
-  Jingle Bell Rock
-  Santa Baby.

I'd rather be strapped to an amplifier at a Justin Bieber concert . . .

Okay, maybe not, but I always avoid these if I can.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Re: LEAST Favorite Chritmas Songs

It appears you like traditional christmas songs.  Nothing wrong with that.  That's what we grow up with.  I do like a lot of the non-traditional ones, such as your list.  I don't know if there are any I dislike.  While I am not a Bieber fan, I did see him on a couple of Christmas shows recently and he appeared to put on quite a show.  I actually enjoyed him.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

This Christmas

It's a very special Christmas. 

Blah, blah, blah

The lyrics make no sense.  The sentiments are artificial.  The lesson of the song has nothing to do with Christmas but to add pressure to the holiday.  Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.  Yuck.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

I spend 12 hours a day in 4 different supermarkets.I have been subject to christmas music all day for the last month.I don`t know if it`s patti page or doris day singing jingle bells.They keep saying "I like the sleigh ride" through the whole song.I will not miss that song one bit.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

bensonp wrote:

It appears you like traditional christmas songs.  Nothing wrong with that.  That's what we grow up with.

In general you're right, but I do like lot of the newer ones.  Just something about those three in particular which grate on my nerves.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

I turn the tuner when Frank Sinatra comes on no matter what song.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

It would be easier to list the ones I like  (0)     b

bobwill wrote:

I agree.  I just heard over an alternative radio station, Bela Fleck and the Flektones playing a "Charlie Brown Christmas".  It was awesome.  I love classical christmas tunes on guitar. 

As for certain tunes I loath and despise....Little Drummer Boy tops the list.  And now added to it, is the car commercial that uses, "It's the most wonderful time of the year."  As in; "It's the most wonderful sale of the year." 

Thank GOD for mute buttons.  GGGRRRRRRRRRR

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

ozymandias wrote:
bobwill wrote:

I agree.  I just heard over an alternative radio station, Bela Fleck and the Flektones playing a "Charlie Brown Christmas".  It was awesome.  I love classical christmas tunes on guitar. 

As for certain tunes I loath and despise....Little Drummer Boy tops the list.  And now added to it, is the car commercial that uses, "It's the most wonderful time of the year."  As in; "It's the most wonderful sale of the year." 

That car commercial is for NISSAN,I hated it the minute I saw it

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:
ozymandias wrote:
bobwill wrote:

That car commercial is for NISSAN,I hated it the minute I saw it

All I'm going to say, I WILL NEVER buy a nissan car, EVER.   The Subaru "summer" commercial is also on the list of ads that deserve extermination.

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg

Astronomikal wrote:

Cam's "Christmas Songs" thread prompted me to start this one.  What are your LEAST favorite Christmas songs?

-  Jingle Bell Rock
-  Santa Baby.

So funny! My least favorites, too!

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

This is my take on the "It's the most wonderful time of the year". 

It's the most wonderful time to drink beer.
with parents a sale-ing
and children all WAILING
in stores everywheeeeeeeeeeere
It's the most wonderful time for A BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!

I call it my ode to Black Friday......OY

Astronomikal wrote:

-  Jingle Bell Rock
-  Santa Baby.

Right, that is it............ I have taken you OFF my Christmas gift list.

How can anyone say that 'Rocking Around the Christmas Tree' is bad. Well maybe the song itself is not so hot but it was sung by the absolutely gorgeous, incredibly sexy, stunning songbird, and love of my life - Little Miss Dynamite herself, Brenda Lee.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

My least favorite would have to be 'Grandma got run over by a reindeer', I tend to like more traditional christmas songs, but even they can wear thin by the time christmas rolls around.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Agree with you Cam...  Grandma got run over...   too dumb..  I like the traditional stuff myself..   oh, and that one with the barking dogs..  jingle bells maybe?  Not only dumb but really annoying. 
Deb