Topic: GAS Antidote

Simple: my Seagull S6. Every time I play it I am satisfied and can (almost) convince myself this is the one. So far, so good!

Re: GAS Antidote

There is no such thing as a GAS antidote, there are only GAS arrestors.

GAS can't be cured, it's only ever possible to fight the symptoms. I find it staggering that our Governments are doing nothing to find a cure for this, frankly, debillitating disease. I will be lobbying my MP to raise the question in Parliament and to have put guitars and amps placed on the NHS.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

3 (edited by zguitar 2011-12-24 18:37:40)

But Jerry, would any guitar player knowingly sign up to fight GAS? I don't think so. If you analyze it, having Gas really hurts no one.

Who doesn't need a new guitar?
Money spent on said new guitar puts money into the economy.
Therefore, more strings, picks, stands, etc. will be bought. More money into the economy.
Envy by others that leads to more GAS purchases.
Guitars are great conversation pieces, so you get to know people on a much deeper level.
The Arts, music and art itself, have been losing ground for years. Gas aids to it's resurgence.
The future of music without GAS would be bleak. Start the kids off early and we should be fine.
Some use guitars as art. Gas brings joy to people that don't play.
Without GAS how many countless jobs would be gone. Wood, tuners, strings, stains, bindings, someone has to make all these things that go into a guitar.
Gas brings joy to millions of drunkards who attend concerts.
So the beer industry would also suffer without GAS.
Peace and joy are brought to the guitar player and others that are blessed enough to get to enjoy the music from a poor slob, who unknowingly to others, suffers from a serious disease.

Don't be ashamed if you have GAS. Others feel your pain.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

How about a wife.That can be a cure for GAS.Just remember this equation.Simple math.  Wife + GAS = almost a visit from the guitar police.Expressions like"how many guitars can you play","why do you need another amp". If you put that money away that you spend on guitars.....How many of you have heard this?Im sure its the other way around for the ladies too

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

How about a wife.

I got a new guitar for my wife.

It was a good trade.

<rimshot>

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

Astronomikal wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

How about a wife.

It was a good trade.

<rimshot>

Hope your wife will not see that post,you would be in some trouble.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

dino48 wrote:
Astronomikal wrote:
joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

How about a wife.

It was a good trade.

<rimshot>

Hope your wife will not see that post,you would be in some trouble.

I made sure I was very careful how I worded mine.Nothing like pouring gas on a fire.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.