Topic: Gary Glitter Songs

Do any covers bands in the UK doing the pubs/working mens clubs type venues play any songs by Gary Glitter now?
Some members of our band fancy having a go at one or two but others are a bit nervous due to the associations that may be made regarding the original performer and his err 'fall from grace'. He certainly doesnt seem to be on the playlist of any radio stations in the UK now.
Thoughts anyone?

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill know to man.
Landing is the 1st.

Re: Gary Glitter Songs

I think he's been blacklisted by a lot of UK radio stations, but it may just be an informal thing.

I recently heard Rock n' Roll Part II on Sirius XM satellite radio here in the US, and a lot of sports teams still use that song as a crowd motivator, although I wish they wouldn't.  I don't know how many people in the US are familiar with Glitter's story.  If there were more, and there was enough of a backlash, maybe the sports teams would stop using the song.

My advice?  Don't do it.  I personally wouldn't do anything to bring any attention to him or his music.  Too many other good songs to choose from.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

I've never done any and I've never seen anyone else cover his stuff either. Best left alone!

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Thanks guys those comments go along with my thoughts.

Flying is the 2nd greatest thrill know to man.
Landing is the 1st.

I do know Gary Glitter`s story.He is not exactly a pillar to the community.I`m sure there are other songs if you want to get people going in a good way.Perhaps" NA NA,HEY HEY KISS HIM GOODBYE". Just a thought-Gary Glitter was all over the news here,so I can imagine the press he recieved over there.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I never heard of him I had to google it its understandable why he was banned pedophiles never were to popular with the exception of Sodom and Gomorrah and acient Rome.

"Growing old is not for sissies"