Topic: NGD

I found out this morning why my my wife has been so uncooperative about me shopping for a lefty model guitar. I was getting all the basic arguments, cost, actual need and why can't you make a right handed guitar into a lefty. I finally gave up and figured I would wait until after X-mas and see what kind of sales their were. Somehow she managed to have delivered and hide a new thin line acoustic electric. It's a Jameson spruce top, linden (basswood) sides and back,mahogany neck and rosewood fretboard. It has a piezo monted under the bridge,which is also rosewood. She said she hoped it was what I wanted but was nervous because it was listed as a "second". After looking it over the only thing I could find wrong was a small chip in the finish on the back of the neck and a small bit of chipping at the bottom of the fretboard. All in all very difficult to see and doesn't affect how it plays at all. It's definately an entry level model but much better than what I currently have(nothing) LOL. After some intense questioning she admitted to having our sixteen year old do the research for her and then hiding the bank statement. (It was less than a hundred bucks) It seems like it will play well and the tone although not great is pretty good. Have to say I'm pretty happy with it over all. I'll try to get one of the teenagers to get some pics of this and the rest of the inventory on here,as I don't have the foggiest idea on how to do it. Technologically retarded as far as computers and digital cameras go. Hope everyone has a great X-mas.    Butch

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: NGD

Cool, Butch. This will get you down your road a ways.
When you can show real progress, you can trade up.
Enjoy,
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Good for you Butch, I hope you enjoy it for a long time. Better be nice to the wife now.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

What a great surprise for you, plus the research and efforts your better half went to keeping it a secret. She definitley deserves a fantastic wifey award smile.

Happy NGD and well done Mrs Butch.

To post pictures see Amy's instructions: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14150

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Been playing around with the new guitar and have a whole new respect for those just starting out. Trying to get the proper body posture, arm positioning, bending the wrist just right and getting the fingers to do what they're supposed to do is more difficult than I remembered. After 30 years playing right handed it is indeed just like starting over. After only a bout a half hour my wrist is achey,my fingers sore and find it hard to strum and keep a steady beat.  So to all you newbies out there from an old newbie,hang in there and if it hurts,you're probably doing it right.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Merry Christmas.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Good for you Butch.  Play it a lot.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Awesome Butch. So you'll learn to play lefty, then if your fingers get back to normal you can switch hit. That would be a neat trick!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!