1 (edited by mightytyger 2011-12-28 08:37:23)

Topic: anyone know what kind of guitar this is??

Hey! A buddy of mine bought this for me at goodwill. I know its a "folk" style guitar it looks like an old harmony. however its missing the tag in the soundhole and it looks like the name on the headstock is worn off. it is made in Korea.

http://s1116.photobucket.com/albums/k56 … =slideshow

Re: anyone know what kind of guitar this is??

any help would be awesome!

I think your first guess is accurate.  I had a guitar very similar to that for a time.  It had the wire bridge, the fret immediately below the nut, and the very thick pick guard just like that one.  It was a Harmony.  I think (don't know, think) Silvertone made some like that too.  No monetary value to speak of, but you could make music on it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Hey zurf thanks for the reassurance. yeah i knew it wasnt worth much at all but i love the sound!

Hey Tyger ,
   If it was made in Korea , It's doubtfull that it's a Harmony ... The old Harmonys were all made in Chicago , and Silvertone did not make anything of their own ... Silvertones were all made by Harmony , Kay or some of their better electrics were built by Danalectro ... The newer Harmonys are made in China ... Don't know if this helps ...
                                                         Jerry

" Just reading the lyrics , it's hard to hear the song , but if the words tug at the heartstrings......it's enough for now........... "