Topic: Wow! New 4G wireless device really working well

Last year I purchased an LG 4G wireless device to get my internet from as we built a new home out in the middle of the county and no providers are around us.  Bottom line is I could only get a 3G signal; it wouldn't pick up the 4G effectively.  I went back to the Verizon store the other night and discussed how to best connect my new little tablet and they shipped me my own little 4G MiFi device.  This device allows me to run my desktop, my laptop and my tablet on a wireless network.  I had to purchase a USB connector for my desktop to work, but so far, everything seems great and it is much faster than what I had before.  I also can just pick the small MiFi device up and carry it with me whereever I go.  I like it;   so far anyway.

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Re: Wow! New 4G wireless device really working well

We have one of those at work.  We call it "The Verizon Puck" and it's awesome. I do a lot of demos in customer buildings where network connectivity is sometimes hard to get.  I put the puck in my front pocket and become a walking talking hot-spot.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Wow, so 4G does exist. I was thinking is was on the same list as bigfoot, the loch ness monster, chupacabra, and aliens. Funny, you can get 4G out in the middle of the country, but I can't get regular phone service in the back of Home Depot. Something wrong here!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's chupacabras that install the 4G comm towers.  They're very difficult to train because they keep eating the trainers. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

jerome.oneil wrote:

We have one of those at work.  We call it "The Verizon Puck" and it's awesome. I do a lot of demos in customer buildings where network connectivity is sometimes hard to get.  I put the puck in my front pocket and become a walking talking hot-spot.

I don't think I would like to be a walking hot spot,do people aim phones,blackberrys and laptops at you?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Zurf wrote:

I think it's chupacabras that install the 4G comm towers.  They're very difficult to train because they keep eating the trainers. 

- Zurf

Best laugh I'be had in a while!  Thanks for that.

"Just because you've always done it that way doesn't mean it's not incredibly stupid." - Despair, Inc.

very cool about the hotspot and getting service in the sticks!

The hubster and I got new phones right before Christmas, both are 4G... we only get 3G coverage here at home, but just about everywhere we go that's a "major" area (even the little small cities nearby) have 4G coverage.  I like it... and I pretty much just use my wifi at home so I don't need 4G here.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

I don't think I would like to be a walking hot spot,do people aim phones,blackberrys and laptops at you?

Oddly enough, yes they do.  It's an occupational hazard.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

9 (edited by dino48 2012-01-05 18:44:13)

jerome.oneil wrote:
dino48 wrote:
jerome.oneil wrote:

Oddly enough, yes they do.  It's an occupational hazard.  smile

Jerome I hope they do have good aim! You might walk around and collect a fee for use, you could make some decent lunch money. This could be a new form of busking.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

We also have one of those at work though I think that 3g suits me quite well already and I think that the additional cost would only be justified if everything goes well already and devices support 4g speeds. 

Though I would like to really give it a try some time.  There is actually a broadband router where you can stick that portable usb device to make it transmit signals wirelessly.