Topic: MHZ

By default one of my tuners is set at 433mhz.  A different tuner (cheaper) doesn't have the ability to adjust MHZ but i asume its most likely set at 440; since the cheaper one seems to read higher.  My question is this... Is there a "standard" mhz setting, or is it based on your guitar...the string gauge etc?  What is a good setting for a begginer to moderate rythym guitarist such as myself?    I know I'll get some good feedback. Thanks ya'll...James Clayton

Always take the high road and be kind to your enemies.                                       
              Nothing will annoy them more!

Re: MHZ

440 is concert or standard pitch the 440 indicates how many beats per second the tone A vibrates at 
A=440 smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

That's weird. Default should be 440. I wonder how much of a diff it will make at 433.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:

That's weird. Default should be 440. I wonder how much of a diff it will make at 433.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf wrote:
zguitar wrote:

Heh.

Seriously, though, if you want to play with other people or along with the radio, or pretty much any other noise maker, you'll want that tuned to A 440.  In that frequency band, you will start to notice "out of tune" with a difference as small as 3Hz difference.  As our master mathematician Zurf notes, you're double that.

If all you are doing is playing alone, it won't make much difference so long as the strings are all in tune relative to each other.

Personally, I'd tune it to 440 regardless.  You will train your ear over time to discern tuning issues and if you're not at standard pitch, you'll train your ear to 433.

As a point of detail, it's just plain old Hz, not Mhz.  Megahertz is beyond the range of human hearing.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I beliueve othere tuner has the ability to adjust MHZ and I most likely changed its default setting by accident.  I didn't know that it was litrerally 440 beats per sec.  Cool.  I did have a chuckle at the "7" reply.  That was kind of funny. It sure makes since to me I must confess, makes since to me.  thanks
I really like this site

Always take the high road and be kind to your enemies.                                       
              Nothing will annoy them more!