Topic: Ibanez Concord 670 need input!

Hey i just acquired an Ibanez Concord 670 a beautiful Dreadnaught. Its made in japan and is a lawsuit model apparently they copied  martin and they sued. its from the mid 70s. but i would like to know more info on it if anyone has it. im trying to sell it and need a little more for the add

Re: Ibanez Concord 670 need input!

Post some pictures.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Re: Ibanez Concord 670 need input!

Real nice looking guit smile +1 on some pics!!  As you said, made in the 70's in Japan by Ibanez... Rock maple fingerboard, lam flamed maple back and sides and a solid spruce top. Nut width should be 1 11/16.   I've always loved Ibanez acoustics for the money. I've owned 3 of them and they were all very nice tonally with good playability.

A little background on the "Lawsuit era" clones.

Martin contracted Takamine in the early 70's to build their Sigma line of guitars. Right before the start of production Martin backed out of the deal and contracted them with someone else... Takamine already had all of Martins plans and stock piles of their wood so they proceeded with production labeling them as the Takamine F series. Upon their success many other brands popped up creating clones or "lawsuit models". Ibanez was a such company and they did it well. They were one of the few companies that strived here after Martin threatened Takamine with a lawsuit and the clones stopped. There never actually was a lawsuit...

You see a lot of lower end Ibanez's around and few people realize that Ibanez has a "higher end" offering in the acoustic market still...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]