Topic: I got a new old guitar

I went too an old family friends house today she had a garage sale over the weekend and had alot of things unsold. One of them was a Takamine guitar,I asked her how much she told me free,I told her I wanted too pay her something, She told me five dollars,I gave her Twenty five and told her it was worth more than that. It is an acoustic in very good condition and sounds very good for its size. It is a small one model#F318.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Re: I got a new old guitar

Score!!!!!!!! Pics please.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that should be a f-310 smile Fine guitar! I had one for a few years and loved it! I'm actually shopping around for one again to use as a campfire guitar. Wouldn't want to sale it already would ya?? lol   If you ever do hit me up!

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Congrats Dino. It`s a great feeling to get a bottle of champagne for the price of a can of beer. Sounds like you did

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Your Guitar Angel has been smiling on you smile. We really need pictures though and before you say you do not know how to do so: http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=14150 so no excuses lol smile wink.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

6 (edited by dino48 2012-01-17 17:55:41)

Guitarpix wrote:

I believe that should be a f-310 smile Fine guitar! I had one for a few years and loved it! I'm actually shopping around for one again to use as a campfire guitar. Wouldn't want to sale it already would ya?? lol   If you ever do hit me up!

I do feel luckythis guitar has one of the best tones I ever heard on an acoustic it is sweet. I double checked the numbers and found I read it wrong,got a flashlight and saw it is a Model #F312 . I do not feel bad about the price I paid the lady is very well off and she was glad just too get it out of the house as she is moving.  I also found a Ratalesnakes  rattles in the interior,I have heard this is an old tradion amongst some older players.. If I do ever sell it pix I will ask you first.Roger I am still stuck with my 12 year old hp and it is  not good with photo uploads. but coming soon I will have a new computer.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Way to go dino.  I'm happy for you.  Sounds like you got a great deal.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Nothing like an old new guitar, enjoy.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

dino48 wrote:

I do feel luckythis guitar has one of the best tones I ever heard on an acoustic it is sweet. I double checked the numbers and found I read it wrong,got a flashlight and saw it is a Model #F312 . I do not feel bad about the price I paid the lady is very well off and she was glad just too get it out of the house as she is moving.  I also found a Ratalesnakes  rattles in the interior,I have heard this is an old tradion amongst some older players.. If I do ever sell it pix I will ask you first.Roger I am still stuck with my 12 year old hp and it is  not good with photo uploads. but coming soon I will have a new computer.

F312 is even better smile You really don't see those around. Awesome find dude! I'm jealous wink  GC shaped 12 fret slot head right?  Not sure if all were slot headed or not though...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Pix, you are right,it has two holes per metal tuner too place the strings into,I did not even notice that until you mentioned it. What is the purpose of the dual holes,do you know? Thanks all of you roger,cam,pete,jjj and zguitar.

11 (edited by Guitarpix 2012-01-18 04:34:21)

A lot of slot heads come with 2 holes in the tuners... They do that so you can string it from either side of the post for them to lay on/approach the nut right and not interfere with each other... Generally the the EABe strings are all strung using the hole closest to the tuning buttons and the D & G use the holes closer to the center of the headstock.

Thats good I need to put some new strings on so I may give it a try,thanks for the info and are these guitars rare or really old she did not know,it was her fathers guitar she has her own it is an Estaban one of the newer ones,I played it sounded good andplayed good for the price. The old Estaban I tried elseware was a piece of junk.

13 (edited by Guitarpix 2012-01-18 19:39:48)

They're fairly rare and most likely from 1975-79... In good shape its valued from 3-400 IMO.   There's a nice clean oneon ebay right now for 449.00 but I think he's a little overpriced... If it had an S after f312 (meaning solid top) it would really skyrocket in value but it's still a nice guit for an all laminate.   These were the original Sigmas, they where built using Martins templates and woodstock by Takamine.

Pix thats good news,thanks for all your input! Guess I got a good deal,I am glad the lady is well off she drives an almost new corvette, owns two nice homes and just sold a nice business for a large sum,she is close to eighty years old and goes to Lake Tahohe or Reno once or twice a week to gamble so I do not haveany guilt feelings about how much I paid for it. She will just laugh anyways.

Does she need a slightly used boy toy? LOLOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Beamer,I will let you know if she needs one,I think she has more energy than most thirtysomethings. I did get too drive her corvette once when she first bought it I was at her home with mygirlfriend and she asked if I wanted too drive it,I think I made it to the car in under 5 seconds Some nice car.