Topic: Performing for the Park tonight

Just found out last nite that several of the residents in the park where I have been staying have been listening to me play outside the last couple of weeks and have scheduled a "surprise" get together at the clubhouse tonight where everybody brings their snacks, finger foods and beverages and listens to me play for them.  They didn't really asked, just planned it!  I think it will be fun as this group is very entertaining themselves and have alot of fun.  Now, if they only understand the quality of my playing and singing is what it is, we will all be okay! Wish me luck.  Maybe I can get some pictures, video etc.  Oh well, that is tonight; right now I am headed out fishing!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Re: Performing for the Park tonight

That sounds like fun. 

Here's hoping for tight lines and bent strings.

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

That sounds great.  I met some new neighbors a while back and played a few songs for them early on and they planned a Christmas party and asked if I would bring my guitar and play some Xmas songs.  They had invited a lot of their relatives and friends that I didn't know about until I arrived at their house.  It worked out well.  People like to spring thuings on you sometimes, but it is all good.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

knock um dead its a good gig when people ask you to play and I think you'll do just fine,enjoy the moment unlike Steven Tyler who butchered the national anthem before the Patriot,Ravens game damm that was bad lol if you dont believe me
http://www.rr.com/sports/topic/article/ … hem_at_AFC

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I've done a couple of free gigs for the community, it is fun. Before the last time a lady said to me " I hope it's not all Country" I suggested she ask for a refund before she went home. BTW, i answered over an open Mic.

There is a pickin' and grinnin' group that meets every Tuesday from 4 to 6 P.M. in a lounge about a mile from here. There are three players - drummer, rhythm/vocal guy and a lead guitar player all former pros and my same age (70). They meet every Tuesday to play for tips.These guys know a ton of good songs and play very well.
I sat in on two occasions to play their breaks and have been well received. They like my material and let me play all my silly songs - even the "R" rated ones. I am going back tomorrow again. So far I have not brought the tuba but one of these weeks I will surprise them with it. This is a good outlet for my musical "jones". I admire and enjoy these guys a lot. The club owner came and talked  to me and was most complimentary of all of us. He's getting a lot for free.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Have fun with it, it already sounds like they like your playing otherwise they wouldn't have planned it. You're already in their good graces so let it roll, and here's hoping you can video it, I'm sure we'd all love to see it.

Cam

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

Bass Viking,
You gotta take it as a compliment, they heard you doin' your thing, they liked what they heard. Play the same stuff they heard you play and put a big ole tip jar in front of your humble/smiling face ! Call it your "show your love" bucket ! haha

And Russell,
Hi friend, hope all wonderful with you ! Regarding Steven Tyler's version of the National Anthem preceeding the Patriots/Ravens football match; I've heard better/heard much worse ( Rosanne Barr, Carl Lewis, Michael Bolton, etc). Other than line 6 ( he sang "there's bombs" instead of "the bombs",and a few squeeks on the highest/hardest notes to hit), I thought he did a pretty decent job. However, if he was still active with his "real" job as lead singer for Aerosmith instead of that "other" thing he's doing, I'm pretty sure reaching those high notes would've been easy schmeezy !!! haha

Peace and Guitars,
SouthPaw41L

Give everything but up.

Good for you Jim!  Obviously you're getting good enough to make some strangers want to hear more, I'd be pretty darn proud of that my friend!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

How'd it go?  Still sleeping it off?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

http://youtu.be/4rED1Yk0Rws

Ok, here is a little video of what I was doing at Hidden Acres.  Not the best choice of songs I would have made, but when someone offers to record, you allow them.  Video quality, my singing and playing are questionable, but it is what it is.  I had fun, they enjoyed what I did, I took requests and if I knew it or had it in my three ring binder, we tried it.  Lots of fun, lots of food and a very good group (around 40 of them) to share music with.  All in all a good time.

Like someone said, when they ask you to play, it is always nice!  Hope you enjoy!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Excellent Jim. I think the singing, playing and recording are all good.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

A great way to make new friends and get free food smile, well done.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Nicely done Jim!  Glad to hear you followed through and clearly made a group of people happy!  GREAT JOB!  It feels pretty good too doesn't it?  smile

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.