Topic: music downloads

gidday.

I see the recording industry is complaining again about free downloaded music,they say they are being ripped off.

There are many artists from the 50`s & 60`s that would say the same happened to them(getting ripped off by the record co`s )

funny,  what comes round go`s round

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: music downloads

I think that is a good point!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yeah, I remember seeing movies and documentarys on a lot of the old bands and they really did get ripped off.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Elvis was a PRIME example, so were the Beatles, initially, all the Motown artists, and most of the early rock n rollers. Shame.

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

It`s funny. How many unknown bands that have cds with a label would love to get their music downloaded.(free or otherwise). They will never get a gold record but nobody will pay to hear them if they never heard of them. Why don`t they work out a system so greedy bands like Mettalica can charge and the unknowns can at least get some exposure for free.Then maybe someone will like their music and buy the whole disc.
  The reason I chose Mettalica is because they were the first ones to complain about free downloads. Remember Napster, when it first came out. They pretty much ruined it for the unknowns

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I see your point about the money aspect, but I also agree with the exposure also.  I suppose it is up the the artist.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Bands without labels can have their music downloaded.  The Greatful Dead didn't care about taping, and Pearl Jam released about 80 bootleg tapes to the wild.  The copyright holder completely controls distribution, which is why downloading music you aren't supposed to be downloading is theft.   

The artist signs with a label to gain access to huge distribution networks and gain exposure.  That is his right.   It should be respected.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I guess i`m not the only one who has paid for the same recording many times over.
I`ve got Beatles songs in vinyl, tape,cd, & now mp3, not bad for the hard done by record companies.

The King Of Audio Torture

I don't see the relevance.  You don't own the music, you license a specific distribution of the music.  The artist, or their representative owns the music.  You own the record, no the song.

I noticed that with CD's that the terms of sale had changed.  I'm probably the only contract weenie around who actually reads the license agreements that come with music.  CD's actually authorize the duplication of the music for personal use.  So I'm allowed to copy the CD to my hard drive and share it on my home network to be played by any of the computers in my house.  And I'm allowed to put it on my MP3 player to carry it around with me.  What I'm not allowed to do is put it on Jerome's MP3 player or copy it to his hard drive because that is distribution rather than duplication for personal use.  I found that fascinating.  Probably only I found that fascinating.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

11 (edited by dino48 2012-02-14 02:44:15)

I do not think you should put that on jeromes mp3 player,someone might report you too the contract weenie police! ^

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

The only differance I can see, between rcording a record to a "metal biased 90 or 120 min" (that was the schnizzel partnered with "virgin vynal") casset and trading it to your buddy for stuff he has is that with computers and internet its world wide and instant.

The bands already mentioned owe A LOT to music free trade.  It was called the underground.  And yes Metallica were jack holes when they went after Napster.  Heck with out the HUGE underground bootlegs of their shows,, they would have taken a lot longer to make it.  and maybe still playing dives.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

> Craigslist Ad: We are a small & casual restaurant in downtown Vancouver
and we are looking for solo musicians to play in our restaurant to promote their
work and sell their CD. This is not a daily job, but only for special events
which will eventually turn into a nightly event if we get positive response.
More Jazz, Rock, & smooth type music, around the world and mixed cultural music.
Are you interested to promote your work? Please reply back ASAP.
> >
> >
> >
> > Reply:
> > Happy new year! I am a musician with a big house looking for a restauranteur
to promote their restaurant and come to my house to make dinner for my friends
and me. This is not a daily job, but only for special events which will
eventually turn into a nightly event if we get positive response. More fine
dining & exotic meals and mixed Ethnic Fusion cuisine. Are you interested to
promote your restaurant? Please reply back ASAP.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Nice reply Toots.  Funny.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Toots has got it.

And Zurf, the "contract" language is really just a re-statement of copyright law (USC 17-106) and case law (Sony v Universal).  Statute says the owner of the copyright has control over how it is distributed.   Sony v Universal says you can copy it for your own purposes, because that isn't distribution.