Topic: tanglewood

what does anyone thing about tanglewood guitars?

Re: tanglewood

I had a Tanglewood Classical guitar with a beautiful bubinga back. It was a great guitar with superb projection. I only sold it as I just didn't use it.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Friend of mine (a really good guitarist) sold his Martin and bought a Tanglewood instead. Not sure which model, but it's mahogany (mostly), quite a small body - will try to find out more...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

We have two 60's Gibson 335's in the shop priced in excess of €2000.00 and beside them is a Tanglewood copy at €300.00. Howard, the owner of the shop, has owned one of the Gibsons from new and played it professionally until fairly recently and he has told me that the Tanglewood feels, plays and sounds just like the genuine article.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Just bought a Tanglewood travel guitar, ( on Ebay )the look and finish is great! the intonation is rubbish! I have to capo the first fret to get on sort of sound from it.

mercer wrote:

Just bought a Tanglewood travel guitar, ( on Ebay )the look and finish is great! the intonation is rubbish! I have to capo the first fret to get on sort of sound from it.

set up, always needs a set up even if new.  but you probably already knew that

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)