Topic: Anyone tried this Guitar??

I'm shopping for a comfortable smaller body guitar for campfire picking and casual playing. It'll be used as a general purpose guit when camping but will be for fingerstyle, blues, and ragtime when at home. I've been shopping around online for a few weeks and think I've decided on the Takamine New Yorker EG630s in Vintage Violin finish smile  Just wondering if any members have had the chance to try one personally and could offer some feedback before I order....

All the reviews I can find are good..

A few pics of it...
http://www.musiciansheaven.net/pics/EG630S-VV1.jpg
http://www.musiciansheaven.net/pics/EG630S-VV4.jpg
http://www.musiciansheaven.net/pics/EG630S-VV3.jpg

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Anyone tried this Guitar??

Runners up are a Guild M120 and a Breedlove passport OME if you have any experience with either of those, I'd like to hear your thoughts on 'em...

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Hey, Pix. Is that the guitar with the rubber strings?

Haven't tried that one but did read some good comments about it in the Acoustic Guitar magazine.

Nela

The 406 has the Rubber tuning keys... It's the same size and bracing with a few changes.   The 406 is sitka topped and this is Red cedar. Also the 406 isn't a slothead and is natural finished.  But yea same family.

5 (edited by dino48 2012-02-06 18:54:43)

Hey pix that looks alot like my $25.00 Takamine F312 I got a few weeks back,only your model has a nicer finish. I really like my takamine it sounds good and play well.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Yea you're a bad influence!!! This is really all your fault...lol  I haven't bought a guitar in 2 years and have actually managed to slim down my collection to only the ones I can't part with. I'd been toying with the idea of a smaller body since I sold My 314e but had been able to will the urge away... Then you pop on here with that f312 getting the wheels turning again smile Trying to be helpful, I scan through ebay getting some price info for you and I'm seeing all these guitars I NEED all of a sudden...lol Don't know whether to curse ya or hug ya big_smile  I know which one the wife would do...LOL

If you want too hug me please send the wife!!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

lol

It's a curse, plain and simple.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.