Topic: A strange question.....

Im thinking of buying a keyboard so I can create backing tracks for my guitar playing. As I dont read music (I play by ear) is it as simple as playing a G on my guitar will be in tune with a G chord on a keyboard????

Re: A strange question.....

not exactyl

on the piano it will be nearly perfect you know doesnt go out of tune as easy as guitar

also on guitar when you play a g you play a micture of g's a's and c's when on the piano you'll play a different mixture of g's a's and c's

i do this too,, i have a 12 track recording studio,, and it helps to have a backing track on the keyboard,, a good move in my opinion

<table border="0" align="center" width="90%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td class="SmallText"><b>spaminator wrote on Thu, 08 June 2006 19&#58;32</b></td></tr><tr><td class="quote">
not exactyl

on the piano it will be nearly perfect you know doesnt go out of tune as easy as guitar

also on guitar when you play a g you play a micture of g's a's and c's when on the piano you'll play a different mixture of g's a's and c's
</td></tr></table>

Try a few "B" notes added in that there "G Chord," eh?maybe even a "D" or two, eh?

$0.02,

dw

Yeah, I said my dog doesn't bite, but that's not my dog.

just my suggestion i am a working

musician here is what i would do if i was you depends on how much you want to spend  you can go out and buy i really cheap casio  that has about 100 rythmes  that sound ok, but you said you play guitar so if ur wanting a backing track u wont be happy with a cheap keyboard for one thing when u use your rythme on ur keyboard lets say u start in g  and oh lets say your playing wonderful tonight just a example  so ur rythme is playing in g u got ur g chord on ur guitar ok so now its time to go to d oh wait u have to change the keyboard key to d get my pointso my advice is buy a yahmaha dgx 505 keyboard u can get them for about 600 bucks brand new its got work station in the key board and u can record your rythmes into tracks and just play the tracks  its that simple push one button and u wont have to take ur hands off ur guitar all so the key board is touch sensitive and has a awesome sound i own it so i know , ur question about is it the same as guitar no its dif  u will be playing with a auto accomp, witch is pushing one key  miner chords will be 2 keys and so on it also comes with some sweet drum kits and pretty neat sound effects i use it all the time live and in my studio  peace out and keep rocking