Topic: ROCK in Illinois

My band recently broke up and now that the crying is over I'm ready to hit it again. I'm looking for a guitarist to share lead/rythem/vocals with me, a bassist,drummer and maybe keyboardist. You don't need lot's of experience but should be able to handle a simple 3-6 chord rock song. You must be able to practice at least once a week together and often on your own. I like doing both covers and origionals and nobody's idea for songs is stupid as far as I'm concerned. So stop playing with yourself and play with a band!!!

<i>An equal opportunity employer</i>

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

Re: ROCK in Illinois

hey. i'm 14 and live in indiana. interesed at all? let me know.

Depends. Where in Indiana? I'm always interested in other musicians and have actualy written songs for female singing back when I was working with another band who had a female vocalist.

Well, this is something I always wanted to do, playing in a band. I played a few times with others, I like to bring new ideas, I am able to tell that I play quit good, but as a loner, and it is never to late to start playing in a band. What kind of music do you play? I love almost everything, I did not say that I am able to play almost everything, but I have good basics, I can play at least 30 different chords, probably more, but the problem is that I live near Brussels (capital of Europe) in Belgium.
You can make it international, concerning the members, and sh**, sh**, sh**, I was accepted last year, speaking of Valentine's day, on the 14th of february 2006, to be Senior Officer, and Captain on a cruise ship, Carnival Cruise Lines, as medical doctor. But on a blue monday I got the news: send us again a CV, AFTER those guys told me that I was the best candidate since 20 years: graduated as MD in 1980, so a lot of experience, speaking fluent: DUTCH, GERMAN, FRENCH, ENGLISH, and my Italian is really not bad. I answer, just to tell my feelings. I read a lot of things you write here, and I even have the impression of knowing you, but.. how can I stay in the USA, last year I was promised to get a green card, because of the promised job, finally cancelled because of my condition: a lot of physical problems due to a car crash, also the reason that, it happened on 09/02/2000, starting again in the summer 07/02/2001, against doctor's decisions, and finally I had to stop because of too much pain (I lost conscience at least 10 times), caused by the heavy pain. They had the right to contact my collegues, a neurosurgeon, and an orthopedic doctor, and I am very sure they did, because I started to get mails: there might be some medical issues...so, no green card, no USA.
Do you play as a professional, or do you combine working & playing. If I was able to go and stay in the USA, I receive a lot of money being over insured, every month, and I still like to leave everything behind to move to your country. Do you know more about this issue? Do you need somebody, or something to be accepted (not for work, I can't work no longer because when I do too much, I can't stand the pain). I mean somebody, who tells me how I can get a green card.
In fact this is not an answer at all for your band, but I just wanted to know how to get there, and start playing. I still have a lot of regrets that I didn't say YES when DAVE GROHL (Foo Fighters, and Nirvana) invited me on a popfestival, to call him (private), he would pick me up, and the plans where to go to a studio in Seattle, jamming together, maybe recording a few things, going to visit his musician friends, REM, Smashin' Pumpkins, even Neil Young. This is still the biggest deception I ever had, and I am always thinking that I blew away a once in a lifetime opportunity, and he was one of the guys who liked what I played. Problem was, I had my MD job, and I was just back and working again 6 weeks, because I went to South Africa in 1996 with my girlfriend. I deserve a severe punishment for not going. Strange how things can go

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]

It's easy to get to America...Turn left at Greenland.