Topic: style of play

wats everyones favourite style of music they like to play smile

problems are only solutions in work clothes smile

Re: style of play

I love to play more vintage rock as well as older acoustic artists--like James Taylor and Jim Croce.

cool i like 2 play the old country numbers along with some eagles and co

Mainly country rock, 50's, 60's 70's, 80's, pop, heavy metal with the odd punk piece thrown in for good measure. Problem is that it is usually just me that knows which song I am playing. Still it makes me happy.

David

Gutar Player, Singer, Entertainer  - At least in my own mind.

I enjoy playing all of the above (exept for heavey metal) but I beleive my favorite has got to be without a doubt  the blues

what a long strange trip it's been

i play alot of country, like taylor swift and miranda. but,i like playing the eagles and and gospel hymns too!!!

I love to play the blues and older country tunes like Merle Haggert, George Jones, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, and the like. But mainly the blues.

....Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi Music man,
"What about ya" In my best Northern accent! Adopted from my friends who live their!
I like to play anything  i can get my fingers around on the Guitar! I Love all sorts of music, always did!   My 4 favourites at the moment are!
"City Of New Orleans" Willie Nelson. - "Peaceful Easy feeling" The Eagles.
Roy Orbison - "California Blue".. Bob Dylan " Knocking on Heavens Door". All Easy ones? { well i am an Old Doll} Oh i have to add another one? " The Frey"
"Have you ever seen The Rain"  {Definitely Seen to much of it This week?}

And loads of Irish tunes, that i love and hear every July at "The Fiddlers Green Festival" in Rostrevor County Down! An annual visit,   happening soon! Yipee!  "It Nourishes My  Soul  Sunshine".  One long week of Irish Traditional and Folk music!

Slán agus Thanks for asking!

Old Doll.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

My dad was a coal miner and I love to play coal mining tunes.
I have a music book with about 100 coal mining tunes thats just great.

,,,Badeye.

one caper after another

"Working Man" about the life of a Miner badeye, A great song, althought somewhat sad! You must know this?
Have you ever listened to any of the Choirs from Wales, England? Most of them miners in there day!  Super Singers! if not?  give yourself a treat!.  "Maggie Thatcher" managed to put a stop to these "Magnificent Men" and wiped out huge areas of mining Families!?  We also had a great mining community Known as "The Arigna Mines"  In the County Of Leitrim, Ireland .  "OOps"  Sorry someone pushed me off my soap box? Lol
Slán
Old Doll.

Yes Old Doll "Working Man" is a beautiful song by a Cape Breton lady Rita MacNeil.It always remindes me of my dad who is off to that coal mine in heaven. I bet he is loading coal right know. Raised nine kids on a coal miners pay and not one day went hungry.Another song that reminds me of dad is "The Springhill Disaster" for he was a dreagerman and dug for days to find 11 traped miners. Prince Philip of England presented him and six others with a ring of bravery that he passed to me that I will treasure for ever. I sure do miss him.

Take Care... Badeye.

one caper after another

Old Doll Have you heard of "The Men Of The Deeps" a choir of ex miners from Cape Breton who preformed all over the world? They are fantastic.

Hows your garden after all the rain?

...Badeye.

one caper after another

Yes Badeye , i have heard of The Spring Hill Disaster" . Like my own Dad he was a good one!  I miss mine also although he is now dead longer then i knew Him
How Sad.. Badeye With Me its always" The Physical Thing " of not seeing them.
I always feel if we could  Just see them momentarily and hug them?,  The missing would not be so painful!.
Any how Chins up for both of us! I have My Sons Surprise Party Today,and a lot to do. So you have a good one, and tonight i or someone will sing Working Man" in Memory of both Our Dads! I have the chords to that one in My folder!

Slán
Old Doll.

Thank You Old Doll. Hope you have a great day with your sons.It's early in morning here and when I pick up my guitar later I will do "Working Man" also for our dads.Maybe we can dream and get one hug from them.

Have a Great Day...... Badeye.

one caper after another

lol old doll in belfast we pronounce it "wa bout ye "that sounds like a cool festival id love 2 go 2 somethin like that but i work almost every weekend in a cover band so its hard 2 get time off