Topic: subscribe

please explain "subscribe" to forum topics. I do not understand.
Thankyou
Jack

Keep Music Live....The Language of the World

Re: subscribe

Hi Jack,

I am not sure where this has come from so I do not know the context in which it is used. I am guessing 'contribute' as in add your words of wisdom to help others by answering or asking questions.

If you are thinking it might mean parting with your hard earned cash, forget it, Chordie makes no charge. We are all here to help one another.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Oooops.

After writing the above I see what you mean. I have never used it as I always read every posting but I believe that if you 'subscribe' you will get e-mail notification of any addition to topic.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Roger I moved it from the Editors forum as I thought you could answer it  russ

"Growing old is not for sissies"

I took the subscribe function as meaning if you want to track a certain topic, you subscribe to it and it will let you know when there are new contributions to that topic.  I don't know if this is correct, but that's how I see it.  I haven't used it though.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Pete hit it right on,when we get into football or projects we want too follow we use it and can check it out even if it is not on the current posts page. We also get an email when someone puts a post on it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Thankyou for all your help.
Take care
Jack

Keep Music Live....The Language of the World