Topic: Paul Simon

Does anyone else love Paul Simon's songs?
Gumboots especially is great:)

My band is Order of the Planets - look us up on Youtube or Facebook.

Re: Paul Simon

Love Paul Simon. "Lincoln Duncan and "Me and Julio down by the school yard" are on my song list.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

YES, especially from the 70s. There goes rhymin simon is still a great album after all these years.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

He's one of the best lyricists. Has anyone seen the video for Call Me Al? So funny:)

You bet. 

I've got Duncan in my line up.  He's too quick with the chord changes on most of his songs for me to play.  Joseph Shablala's bass riff in You Can Call Me Al had me saying "you can't do that with a bass" the first time I heard it. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Actually I'm not sure you can do that with a bass! I think that solo was completely edited to make it sound like that!

Have always loved Paul Simons music.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Big Paul Simon fan! I have quite a lot of his songs in my songbook - one of the best songwriters ever...
That bass solo from "Call me Al" is (I believe) a short phrase that is recorded normally, then repeated backwards in the studio. The forward and reverse parts were then spliced together. Nice!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Definate yes he is a fantastic artist,songwriter,singer and guitarist.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I didn't know that about the bass solo! It's such a good sound. Has anyone seen the video for call me al? So funny smile Here's a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-gYOrU8bA