Topic: My sound - it's official

After 12 years of regular playing out, hundreds of hours of tweaking, and thousands of dollars in effects pedals, I am pleased to announce that I have finally found my sound.

Thank GOD for that!

Re: My sound - it's official

I can't wait to hear it!

(And I'm always in the market for a bargain on used effects pedals!)

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Lay it on us, doctor. We can handle it! smile

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Bring it on bgd and share it with us.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

As soon as I have a recording, will do. smile

Looking forward to it.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Isn`t it great to be able to say that.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Baldguitardude wrote:

After 12 years of regular playing out, hundreds of hours of tweaking, and thousands of dollars in effects pedals, I am pleased to announce that I have finally found my sound.

Thank GOD for that!

Can I borrow it? I don't have one yet!!!!!

time to start pulling together pedals to sell I guess. Man somebody is going to make out like a bandit.

Some guys have all the luck. I've been happy with my sound but still haven't found what I'm looking for. Great for you.

Joe

What bits of interesting gadgetry go into said sound?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Good for you, BGD.  Don't you love it when something comes together?  Play on.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

So whats on your pedalboard?

craig, i'm not sure if your just taking the pee here, so, a pedalboard is a set of FX pedals linked together and placed strategically on a board. something like a BOSS ME50, just that you can put whatever individual pedals you might prefer on it.

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I think that's the point, Phill.  The output of those pedals is what is going to create the tone we're all anxious to hear.  So "What's on your pedalboard?" is asking "What bits of interesting gadgetry go into said sound?" or more specifically, "BGD, what's in your signal chain?"

"taking the pee"? Yes, I know what a pedalboard is. I've had one for about 25 years although it has changed very often. I'm asking "Whats ON your pedalboard?" Mine has slimmed because of my new old Fender Princeton Reverb has reverb and tremolo already. The Morley vol/wah that I hate, Korg dtr-2 tuner (yes, rackmount but on the floor), Mxr Dyna Comp, Fulltone Full-drive 2, Boss DM-3 analog delay. All on a custom made board with velcro and power. Like anyone thats searched for a sound I too have a stockpile of old effects that for some reason I never get rid of but never use. I also have a Digitech RP355 that I keep at work and play with at lunch. What's ON yours?

My pedalboard collects dust. My effects chain now consists of 2 cords and a DOD overdrive preamp which has served me well since 1984. In the 80s I wasted a lot of money on effects.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

as i stated earlier, i have an FX multi-pedal boss ME50. but like you i also have a host of stomp pedals like; a stereo chorus (back in the day they had to state it was stereo!) a reverb/echo, a fuzz and a wah wah. i also had a gizmo called a "funny cat" which gave some weird and (not so) wonderful sounds. i used it mainly for recording, one of the FX was sitar, well almost! i once owned a WEM copicat. so as you can see i struggled to get the sound i wanted too. still looking....

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

My pedalboard collects dust. My effects chain now consists of 2 cords and a DOD overdrive preamp which has served me well since 1984. In the 80s I wasted a lot of money on effects.

I'm going old school, too.  Basically, all I want is delicious overdriven tube tones, and that's it.

My pedalboard is a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah into a ZVex Box O rock that I use only as a gain booster. Then we have a Fulltone Plimsoul for distortion. I then have an EH Worm for vibe and trem and a Visual Sound H2O (awesome pedal). However the lil' secret that has really changed the game is this little guy:
http://omnisonicvolumebox.com/

It allows me to crank the Deville to 8 and then pull the volume back to a reasonable level. The tubes just scream.

That Plimsoul is responsive enough that i can go from totally clean to screaming on my guitar's volume knob without screwing up my tone. I'm pretty excited.

Baldguitardude wrote:

http://omnisonicvolumebox.com/

It allows me to crank the Deville to 8 and then pull the volume back to a reasonable level. The tubes just scream.

That Plimsoul is responsive enough that i can go from totally clean to screaming on my guitar's volume knob without screwing up my tone. I'm pretty excited.

That's good stuff right there.   I use an old POD2 in a similar way to overdrive the input tubes on my small Kustoms.  It sounds soooooo good.

Awesome! But I don't have an effects loop. So I still have to crank it to get tube saturation. Love the Fulltone stuff and the Visual sound.

craig23 wrote:

Awesome! But I don't have an effects loop. So I still have to crank it to get tube saturation. Love the Fulltone stuff and the Visual sound.

See if you can add an attenuator.  That is one thing I really love about my Bugera V5. you can select .1 .3 or 5 watts.  crank the gain to 10 and the master to 1.5 with it on .1 and you got full tubes smoking :-)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Yeah, try and add an attenuator. Game over.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Yeah, try and add an attenuator. Game over.

I dont know if it is possible, but it was an idea.

I do know there is a Mod for teh VHT amps to put one in.  I did not want to mess with it so I got the V5.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)