Topic: Breedlove Retro OM/ER

For a few years I've played a Martin 000-16GT and  a Blueridge BR-73.  Both were 1-11/16" at the nut and a little difficult to play due to my big paws. Thought I'd try a little wider neck as the one's I tried in local shops seemed to fit my hands better, but none of the guitars for sale at local shops "jumped" at me, so back in December I sold my Martin  000-16GT and used the money to buy a Recording King ROS 16 with a 1-13/16" nut (really like that guitar) and a Breedlove Retro OM/ER off the net, thinking it had a 1/3/4 neck like the Revival series.  When I got it, I found it was 1-11/16 at the nut and like having a near twin to my spruce/rosewood Blueridge.  Anyway, I put it on Craig's List a couple of weeks ago but haven't had any real serious inquiries yet.

The guitar is the same as brand new and I even have the factory shipping box.  There isn't a blemish anywhere on the guitar or Breedlove hard case. I've started to play it a little lately and after only a few hours its beginning to open up and produce a nice sound. I'm asking $500 or work out a trade for another acoustic with a wider neck. Below is a link to my Craigs list ad.

Any one interested?

DE

http://columbus.craigslist.org/msg/2818446714.html

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Re: Breedlove Retro OM/ER

Very interested:) How are the electronics?  Can you email me some additional pics? Thanks!   More than likely I'll pick this up from you smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Thanks for the reply Pix.  The electronics work fine through my little 25 watt Ibanez acoustic amp.  The first time I played it I felt the bass and treble sounded great but the middle was a little "muddy".  Now that I've played it a little more and the top has opened some, everything now sounds good to my ear. I also checked the on-board tuner against my clamp-on and it was right on.  I'll try to send you an email with more pictures in the next few days. I'm working from 0600 to 1900 Fri -Mon and tend to be pretty tired when I get home.

DE

Cool, sounds good man! I'm 99% sure I want it but will wait for the email and pics smile Send me a shipping quote as well to 28431.  Thanks! -Chris

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Recording Kings are fine instruments and hard to beat. I own two.

If Chris doesn't take it, I may be interested.  I need a guitar that sounds good but that I'm willing to take to a campfire.  I'll not pull it out from under Pix though. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Go for it Zurf!! I've had some things come up (about $1200 worth of scouting stuff for the troop and camp fees for the kids) that has prevented me from getting a new guitar at the moment... The Lions club here in town is supposed to sponsor the scouts but they haven't helped in years and right now it's being run out of my (and the other Scout Masters) pocket until we get more sponsors and some fund raisers underway...

I've already told him to sale it if anyone else was interested.  It's a great deal!

Thanks Chris.  It is a great deal, but I wasn't about to toss a friend under the bus over a guitar.  Now I have to break it to my wife that I want it.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

My wife was surprisingly supportive.  I guess she likes the campfire music more than I knew.  So, I've sent an e-mail to Ken to tell him I'm in. 

Hot diggity dog. 

NGD for Zurf, and sounds like there'll be one for Dirty Ed coming up too. 

- Zurf

edited at 9:00PM 3/5.  I ADDED AN S.  MY WIFE IS NOT A HE.

Well, looks like Friday will be NGD for Zurf !!!!!!

Package is on its way buddy.

Ken