Topic: What does YOUR wife say

What does YOUR wife say about guitars all around the house?

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: What does YOUR wife say

She brought it up once. I told her "You spend more at the nail salon and hairdresser is a year than any guitar I have costs - Now go make me a sammich"

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

I'll let you know after I break it to mine that I want to buy Dirty Ed's Breedlove. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

topdown wrote:

She brought it up once. I told her "You spend more at the nail salon and hairdresser is a year than any guitar I have costs - Now go make me a sammich"

This is typically my approach, too, except I don't allow my wife in the kitchen.   Generally, whenever she buys a new chair/couch/furniture/whateva, I say "Man, that sure woulda bought a lot of guitars."

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

^The sammich part is kind of a joke big_smile  My wife just laughs at me when I tell her that!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

My wife says I can buy a second tuba if I can successfully demonstrate to her that I can play two at the same time.
I have one Yamaha dread acoustic, My 1961 Gibson 330 electric, and a Martin Backpacker I gave away but it came back to me.
My wife really likes my guitars and thinks I am set for life (guitar wise).

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

We figured that was a joke topdown.  I tell mine not to worry about it and get me another beer.  Yeah right.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

it`s a matter of who is the boss of the house.That`s why she let`s me keep them in the music room downstairs.I keep the steel body upstairs because the cellar causes the chrome to get a film that is hard to remove.Every now and then I "thin the herd" by getting rid of extreme junk or cheapies. I NEVER ONCE CLAIMED THAT I WAS THE BOSS OF THE HOUSE

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

My wife bought me my last guitar  (after a not so subtle hint).
If said make me a sammich, I'd then have to duck pretty damn quick to avoid the Glasgow kiss (she being of that ilk, she is quite fiery!). All in all a happy partnership!!

"War never determines who is right , only who is left"
"Democracy is the right to protest about  the lack of it!"

topdown wrote:

Since that day on, Topdown sings 2 octaves higher than he used to. HeeHee

My wife's response is always the same, "Don't you ave enough already?".

My collection is done at 4. If I get another then I will have to part with one.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Tooter, Is anyone really set for life when it comes to guitars ?

Joe

Mine says  "I'm not dusting them! You are!" BTW  She thinks each one is worth a lot of money.
(Not really}

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I think I am close to maxed out at 3 but a 12 string might be fun too.  They do take up a bit of real estate but so far I don't get much static. 

We host small concerts at the house now and then so they get to kick out some good music periodically.  Every so often a mandolin or banjo would be handy too so maybe some diversification is to come. 

Hey Joeyx3, what do you use to polish the chrome?  My steel reso could use a bit o' TLC

Hey jgreen I used the ZEP stainless steel cleaner she uses on the dishwasher and fridge.Try it on a small spot first.Chrome polishes didnt work.One time I paid 60.00 at a detailing shop to have it removed. It looked so bad I had nothing to lose and it worked.(on mine)

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I have two ex-wives and 5 guitars...................no arguments lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

16 (edited by naolslager 2012-03-03 11:24:18)

Most of the time now my wife just rolls her eyes or hands me a subtle smile. I've managed to market my guitar fund as a tool to buy her things as well. When she says she wants an iPad, I say well I'll have to sell a few guitars first. And whether I sell to raise capital or not she thinks I do so when I purchase another guitar I get a pass as she sort of feels like she "owes" me.

By the way my guitar headcount is two.

I'm lucky, I reckon I have the perfect wife. She encourages me to buy whatever makes me happy. A few years ago I had an aging Honda Fireblade that, while mechanically sound, was starting to look a bit rough around the edges. I had decided to look into getting it sprayed and restoring it to original condition but Maz said, why not go down to Dobles and see what they've got rather than restoring. 4 hours later I had a brand new Blade sat in the garage, and last year saw another new bike, (BMW R1200GS), and two new guitars. I've got 7 guitars now with 3 of them hanging on the lounge wall and a Gretsch coming in May courtesy of my lovely wife!

I'm a lucky, lucky man.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

My wife doesn't seem to notice them too much, as long as they are not in her way - but in a small house, that is a bit tricky. I can recommend wall hangers - keeps them well out of the way. And move them around regularly, so she can't count them or work out which ones are new!

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Welll.... as the wife, the last time HE bought one it was, "Yes honey, you do NEED a new guitar.  I feel bad that you're using that piece of junk and I've gotten two.  So go get one."  I tried to encourage him to get one I would like, but it didn't work out that way.  And of course, NOW it means that I need a new guitar.  And his response is, "I wish we had the money so I could get you that Martin you love".  It WILL BE MINE and he won't mind!  It's just a matter of finances.  So guys... you just have to get her to fall in love with the guitars and then it won't be such an issue!  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

My wife doesn't mind sharing the house with 1 guitar in the living room, 1 in the dining room, 2 hanging on the wall in the hallway, a mandolin on a display stand, a few ukes and assorted guitars in the library room. She even dusts them when needed.
She likes when I play and sing to her, as practice for gigs. She even "assists" with my wardrobe for my gigs. Without her, I would show on stage in jeans and t-shirts. She at least finds me a shirt with a collar...

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

+1 on the wall hangers. They're great.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Roger Guppy wrote:

I have two ex-wives and 5 guitars...................no arguments lol

Roger

Roger I am in the same boat but you beat my poker hand by having one more guitar,guess I will have too save faster too get my martin.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

She dosen' mind me owning 5 guitars. But when she asks "and what have you been doing all day?" She knows full well that "guitar" should form at least part of the honest answer. I think she enjoys watching me, trying not to give the answer she is after.

I see friends holdiong hands, saying "How do you do"
They're really saying, "I love you"
Louis Armstrong. Wonderful world.

Same here Roger - 2 ex-wives - 2 guitars, 1 banjo, 1 mountain dulcimer, 1 flute and 1 tamborine. Present wife's reply to inquiry for new 12 string guitar is, "should'nt you buy a new canoe first". Do ya think she is stalling?

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

25 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-03-03 21:40:37)

Still on the same wife.4 electrics,4 acoustics,1-6 string banjo and a lap steel,8 amps,1 PA.My daughter has 2 amps 1 acoustic,4 electrics,2 basses,1 uke, an organ and a keyboard, and she is only 14. Not to mention a drumkit so any drummers can travel light. There is so much that they probably all look the same to my wife. Some of these I have had for 30 years. I`ve been with my wife for 27 years. Never once have any of the guitars or amps ever complained about the room they take up. Truthfully,I never knew how many there were until I did this post just now. Talk about GAS

Enjoy Every Sandwich