Topic: Facts 7 : yes they are Jewish musicians

This should be a real surprising subject. Everyone knows that BOB DYLAN is a jew, born as ROBERT ZIMMERMAN. But I was really surprised to see that artists, musicians in this case, so popular were in fact Jewish. I insist that I am not antisemitic, but I was amazed. If you fellow "chordians" can help me to make a bigger list, please do because I DON'T WANT ALL CREDITS FOR THE FACTS TOPIC. I just try to search facts and share them with you, and I do know a lot of music and musicians, from songwriters to performes. So be prepared for some surprises.
Some incredible ones (maybe for me, because I don't live in the USA):
- LOU REED: Lewis Allan Reed born March 2 1942 from Jewish parents in Brooklyn. Who doesn't know Lou Reed? His first recording was as a member of a doo wop-style group called The Shades. In 1963 he started in New York as a songwriter and I think in 1965 he started the Velvet Underground with John Cale.
- BECK (HANSEN) born Bek David Campbell, but in fact not directly. I have heard that jewish (religion) is passed through the mother's side.
- MICHAEL BOLTON (born Michael Bolotin on February 26, 1953) famous country and western
- PAUL SIMON & ART GARFUNKEL: this fact I knew already a long time, BUT WHAT DO YOU PREFER: BOTH TOGETHER, OR PAUL SIMON SOLO?????
- GWYNETH PALTROW:  father was a television producer and paternal grandparents were Gertrud Goldman and Aaron Paltrow. Mother was from Dutch descent.
JACK BLACK: (TENACIOUS D, is not only the movie, but also a rock group with BLACK) Judith Cohen, is Jewish, and his father, Thomas Jack Black, Sr., converted to Judaism after marrying Judith
- PAULA ABDUL: Abdul's father was a Mizrahi Syrian Jew who immigrated with his family to Brazil and then to the U.S. while her mother is also Jewish .
- BILLY JOEL: his father was Howard (Born Helmut Joel) & grandfather Karl Amson Joel and his mother was Rosalynd Nyman
- GENE SIMMONS:   Born Chaim Witz in Haifa, Israel, they went to New York I think in 1957
- COUNTRY JOE MCDONALD (Woodstock '69: Country Joe and the Fish)
- "MAMA" CASS ELLIOT:   Real Name Ellen Naomi Cohen
- PAUL STANLEY (with Gene Simmons in KISS) born as Stanley Harvey Eisen.
- JOHN DENVER born as Henry John Deutschendorf. I want to tell you this, because a lot of people don't know the fact that there are a lot of JEWISH people with BLOND HAIR & BLUE EYES, they often come from regio's in Russia, and more in the regio of the Baltic States, you can find there really beautiful girls (for the girls: men). I went once to ESTONIA and you should be careful as man not to bump against walls, because I swear I saw there a lot of beautiful women, BUT this is of course about taste.
- JANIS IAN born as Janis Eddy Fink, toke her brothers middlename: IAN as last name.

I have tried to put names in this list containing people you don't expect they are Jewish. WITHOUT OFFENDING PEOPLE of course.
You can also look for actors, or people like Einstein. I hope you liked this one, and again, welcome to make or complete topics like this.

[color=blue]- GITAARDOCPHIL SAIS: TO CONQUER DEAD, YOU HAVE TO DIE[/color]   AND [color=blue] we are born to die[/color]
- MY GUITAR PLAYS EVERY STYLE = BLUES, ROCK, METAL, so I NEED TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY IT.
[color=blue]Civilization began the first time an angry person cast a word instead of a rock.[/color]