Topic: How the guitar works.

I posted this a few years ago but couldn't find the thread to bring it back...  However I thought some of the newer members might enjoy it...  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-HtN_HK … ure=relmfu   I have part 2 somewhere and will try to locate it and get it up soon.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: How the guitar works.

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … AEQKmyB5Nk

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.

Very good, sir. Thank you for posting these, Guitarpix.
I will henceforth refer to my guitar as an air pump.
Cool!
Now I gotta find part 3.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Toots, Glad you enjoyed the vids! I've never found a prt 3 but if you search his name with google video you'll find several of his classes and seminars available for viewing smile   Some great stuff there!!  He is widely recognized as one of ,if not the, best luthier anywhere.

I learned a lot from the videos, but I'm confused about the guitar as an air pump. A guitar moves a certain amount of air molecules, but I bet it moves less air than a human voice does when singing. As my physics teacher exlained it to me, the air doesn't move so much as the sound energy moves through the air, like a wave moving through water. So isn't the guitar move like an energy pump? If you strummed a guitar in a vacum it would still be creating energy, but without the air, the energy wouldn't be able to travel.

I know I watched these before when Pix posted them, but I didn't get as much form them as I did this time. What an amazing guy! He should be a teacher, I could listen to him for hours. I would love to see his shop. I bet it's immaculately in order.

MB, I hear ya. I kinda didn't understand the whole air pump idea. Everything else made sense tho.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

How the guitar works. Well, also newcomer. I do not know about that. How it works. But I can make some type of sound. But could not understand that what kind of this sound.

baynton90 wrote:

How the guitar works. Well, also newcomer. I do not know about that. How it works. But I can make some type of sound. But could not understand that what kind of this sound.

YOu tube!  www.youcanlearnguitar.com
www.martysongz.com   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsgZTT9P … e=g-user-u

find someone to show you the basics. best way.  if you can afford it,,lessons will be well worth your time.

email me and ill send you basic chord lessons in jpeg format.  use the email link.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Good subject matter pix,Intersting. You might also add that your cars engine is simply an air compressor.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman