Topic: Fun Night Tonight

I have a buddy in town from Chicago who is a professional blues and jazz piano player. Tonight at 5pm I got a text message that read "hey do you want to play a birthday party for a friend of mine?" I said "sure, when is it?" "In two hours."

Scramble scramble scramble and we managed to get together an hour of music that neither of us had played before - he has good enough of an ear that he was able to just follow along with guitar chord changes, and I have decent enough chord reading ability that I was able to whip out tunes like The Joker and Last Dance With Mary Jane having never played/sung on them.

Allegedly there's a brief video floating around. I'll try and get hold of it and post it here.

Re: Fun Night Tonight

That does sound like fun.  I've been working on a countryish version of Last Dance With Mary Jane.  I need to learn soloing better because in that song the guitar solo is critical to the overall feel. 

PLEASE post the video if you get hold of one.  Or at least a link to a Youtube version. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: Fun Night Tonight

very COOL!  Nothing like being put on the spot, but it sounds like you rose to the occasion!  good for you!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.