Topic: I heard there is an automatic scrolling function, but I can't find it

Can anyone help me find it ...

thanks in advance....   from grass valley, ca.....

Re: I heard there is an automatic scrolling function, but I can't find it

Hi heymrjohn and Welcome to chordie.
The auto scroll should be to the right handside of the song you are viewing. It's in a box that says "auto-scroll" "print" and "chopro"
If the whole box is missing then try adjusting your screen resolution by holding down the Ctrl key and pressing the plus and minus keys.
ark

Hi, same problem, don,t have the auto scroll function. I have tried the resolution adj but to no effect.
The bottom of my song screen has Transpose, Tuning, and songbook. there is no print or scroll function. Any help would be appreciated.
Love this site by the way!

kitster wrote:

Hi, same problem, don,t have the auto scroll function. I have tried the resolution adj but to no effect.
The bottom of my song screen has Transpose, Tuning, and songbook. there is no print or scroll function. Any help would be appreciated.
Love this site by the way!

I just replicated what you are showing on my laptop. I did this by pressing Ctrl and the plus sign until the screen was showing very large print and only Transpose, Tuning and Songbook appeared at the bottom of the song.
Ctrl and minus brought the screen back to normal with all the features on the right handside of the song.
You say you've tried the adjust with no success so I'm not sure what it is. I'm using the firefox browser so that might have a bearing on the resolution fix.
ark

Same problem with both Chrome and Firefox, is it possible that it is because it is a notebook?

well i'm learning new stuff all the time....i didn't know about the auto scroll or the CTRL +, now i know thanks

phill

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

I used to be able to use the scroll function, then suddenly it stopped working and all the cool features went to the bottom of the page.  I tried the CTRL minus and plus signs, which is cool, btw, but it doesn't solve my problem. Any help would be lovely.  Thanks for chordie. I love it.

I just checked mine and it is working good.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

KimmyVille wrote:

I used to be able to use the scroll function, then suddenly it stopped working and all the cool features went to the bottom of the page.  I tried the CTRL minus and plus signs, which is cool, btw, but it doesn't solve my problem. Any help would be lovely.  Thanks for chordie. I love it.

You could try using a different browser to view Chordie. This problem seems to stick with some members even with a different browser but doesn't effect others. Don't you just love the internet...
ark

I found google chrome crashing on a regular basis on my windows 7 system and reverted back to using good ole ie - you may want to try that, or firefox as Ark suggests.  If you're viewing the site on an iPad, and therefore using that version, I believe the autoscroll and print functions have been disabled as there was an issue with them on that version.  (fyi, admin is looking for a developer).  If after using firefox and ie you still are having issues (and have tried resizing the screen as Ark suggested) you should contact the admin with a screenshot if possible and an explination.  Good luck!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

hi chordie. when im on my songbook the auto scroll is nowhere to be seen. can you help. it would be of great help to me as its a nightmare having to scroll when playing a song.

breezy123 wrote:

hi chordie. when im on my songbook the auto scroll is nowhere to be seen. can you help. it would be of great help to me as its a nightmare having to scroll when playing a song.

Hi breezy
If the whole box is missing then try adjusting your screen resolution by holding down the Ctrl key and pressing the plus and minus keys.
works for some..

ark

thanks arkady. this did work. what would i do without you.

It seems that it is a problem with Chrome. When you use the box to go to full screen using the View drop down the hyperlink that appears in the top right hand corner in IE is missing. Does anyone know how to get back to the standard view because the print function and all the things that usually sit on the right are missing.

I just checked mine and it is working good. Thanks for the valuable post... smile

I love the auto scroll.  I have computer which works fine and an I pad that will not show any of the right side info so it cannot be told to scroll?

When I access my chordie song book on laptop all functions are there. On my kindle all functions ie scroll; transpose; font size are missing??? Any ideas???