Topic: NGD for Zurf.

Pictures taken, but I have to get back to work and will load them later.  Also took some pictures of my big boomer.  The new Breedlove is small, fits nicely in my lap when playing, allows for a comfortable right arm position, and sounds good.  I think I'm going to put some silk and steel .13 strings on to see how she'll sound with those.  Plugged in, she's a beaut.  Real good volume and tone controls and it sounds like an acoustic guitar should.  The only complaint so far is that I'm going to have to get used to fretting straight down because I've been taking the low E off the side of the fretboard.  I had that problem with my Yamaha too, so it's clearly user error and not a guitar-based problem. 

It sounds really GREAT strumming barre chords when plugged in.  Super-duper great.  The action is so low that barre chords are a piece of cake.  And, if it's too low, the darn thing even came with a spare bridge!  Wow!  Dirty Ed and Breedlove treat a guy right. 

This is one of the guitars I had been considering buying before I bought my Guild.  I couldn't afford it.  So getting a great deal on a brand new one in absolutely scratch and smudge free condition is like a gift (even though I had to pay for it). 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Re: NGD for Zurf.

Congratulations Zurf! But you know, your photo "promise" is analogous to saying "the check's in the mail".

This proves you ARE human and can/will succumb to GAS even if only infrequently.
dj

Glad too hear you got a new guitar you are happy with ,you deserve it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Well, Zurf.  i'm happy for you.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

NICE!!!!!

Didn't you say that you had to get rid of one to get this one? So which one did you axe? (no pun intended, but still funny)

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a more beautiful guitar than a Breedlove. Congrats Zurf!

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

New Breedlove from Dirty Ed.  Breedlove Retro OM/ER orchestra sized 14 fret w/ LL Baggs electronics.  Englesomething spruce top, rosewood laminate sides, rosewood back.   Very low action, easy-peasy barre chords, good mids and highs.  Lows come to life when plugged in.  Rhythm guitarist's dream. 

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/NGD/i-ccrQpzR/1/M/NGD-001-M.jpg

Headstock

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/NGD/i-6D2TfHp/1/M/NGD-005-M.jpg

Boomer (I just today have adopted this name for this guitar.  I think the new Breedlove will start to be called "Tiny".)  I never did post pics of Boomer when I brought her home last year.   Guild D40 Bluegrass Jubilee.  Monster dreadnought 14 fret.  Scalloped forward bracing and other things to make it go BOOM on the bass.  HUGE projection.  Some kind of spruce top, solid mahogany sides and back. 

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/NGD/i-SMmdVNF/1/M/NGD-006-M.jpg

Sideways headstock on Boomer.

http://zurf.smugmug.com/Music/NGD/i-KpFMpHS/0/M/NGD-007-M.jpg

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Zurf,
Sweet looking guitar. I've thought about one of these for a while. Guess I'll have to do some research. I like your input.

Joe

That's a nice-n Zurf! The Guild's all right too.

Hope you enjoy her Derek.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Congratulations, Derek. Are you gonna play it at Sunday's jam?

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

tubatooter1940 wrote:

Congratulations, Derek. Are you gonna play it at Sunday's jam?

At least a little. I'm going to try put it through the mixer with a std mic on a boom stand and running the mixer as my mic for Skype just to see if it works.

LOVELY!  I'm glad for you Zurf, and I'm sure that guit will treat ya right!  I'm excited to hear it, especially with the rig up you're going to attempt Sunday.  Can't wait!!!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

good looking guitars zurf!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman