Topic: "Magnolia Wind"

Here's a recording done recently with the new Zoom R16 multitrack recorder, I used a J-45 for Rhythm and Lead and a Sennheiser Dynamic Vocal Mic and the Guitar was plugged straight in to the recorder. This is the first recording I have done with it and have a lot to learn about it.

My sister in law wanted me to play this song for her sometime in the future so I thought I would do a slide show for Her and Her Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFcopFj_lMY

Later, Wayne P

Re: "Magnolia Wind"

Wlbaye you sounded great,I enjoyed it as well as the video,thanks for sharing it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Wayne, great job.

Joe

You've got the perfect voice for that kind of song.

Did you do any editing at all of the tracks?

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Jerome,

No I just played Rhythm and Vocal at the same time and added some Lead Licks plugged into the multitrack. I just haven't had time to play with it yet but I think it will be a good unit. It comes with Cubase software and I haven't downloaded it yet. The recorder can be used as a portable with batteries or if you don't have mics it has 2 built in. I just used it as a stand alone and tried to get the levels set when I mastered it. No effects were added.

Later, Wayne P

Thanks, Dino, & Tyson smile

Later, Wayne P

Just .... Beautiful!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

^ What Amy said!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Excellent recording quality. Your equipment is doing you yeoman service. Good job, sir.

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Thanks Everyone !

For the nice remarks, you folks are too kind.

Thanks again , Wayne P

Later, Wayne P

We may be kind Wayne but, the truth is, your music is great.   b

I'm glad you went back and added fills...those fills were TASTY!!!!!!

Well done... as always

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Thanks, Geo & Bob

I don't know exactly what the fills or lead are I just recorded the Rhythm and vocal in one take and the lead guitar was just improvised in one take.
It usually doesn't go that well and I don't begin to think I am a lead player but I guess it added to the mix.

Thanks again,

Wayne P

Later, Wayne P