Topic: Stay with'im Sonny

I 'm new with the guitar and have written in about so many things asking this and that, and all you guys have given me the same advise.  Just keep on prcaticing, you will get better.  I have asked about Chords, notes, picks, learning songs, strum'in and probably even more things.
   You Ole' timmers has given great advise, Keep on practicing, you will get better.  I can now keep time with the music, make chord changes, know when to change, strum different patterns and even finger pick some, all from more practice.  I get on my guitar every day some times 3-4 times, if I'm sitting looking at it, I have to pick it up and get at it again.  I now have several songs I have learned and play without my book being at my side.  You are right, keep on practicing , you will get better.  Thanks guys!

! Corinthians 15:1-4

Re: Stay with'im Sonny

I'm glad it's working out for you.  Thank you for writing in and letting us know. 

Now it's time for me to take my own advice.  I'm plateaued at my current level and need to spend some quality practice time on learning new skills (scales and arpeggios in particular) to get to the next level where I'm comfortable picking out melodies. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Practicing alot always helps.  There will be times where you just can't get it, so you move on and come back to it later.  You will be better at it the next time.  I often get bummed out when I practice alot and just can't seem to get it, but it always comes to you over time.  Practicing is still the best medicine for everyone.  Never stop.  I'm glad you're getting it Sonnya.  Good luck and keep practicing.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

4 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-03-12 22:30:57)

Ole timers. What do you mean "OLE TIMERS". I`m too young to be an ole timer.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Good for you Sonny!!!!! It's a great feeling huh? As Zurf would say, make sure you're practicing perfect. Anyone can learn to get by. But in the long run you will be better off practicing perfectly.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

To give credit where credit is due, I stole that idea from Justin on www.justinguitar.com.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

joeyjoeyjoey wrote:

Ole timers. What do you mean "OLE TIMERS". I`m too young to be an ole timer.

Me too! I won't be 69 till next Wednsday.  Glad you are making progress. Keep it up.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Good for you!  The same advise was given to me when I first came here... and it's true.  The more you practice the better you'll get.  It all comes in time.  And honestly Z is so right.... try to practice "right".  I'm having an issue now as I've got a new guitar on the way and my laziness and incorrect practicing has caused me to fret badly and get buzz with the new guitar (bad fretting on low action = fret buzz)... so I've got to now relearn how to fret cleanly.  I wish I'd have done that in the first place!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

http://pinchedharmonics.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/topractice-or-not-to.jpg?w=490

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Excellent chart, Guitarpix.  Read and heed

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Pix you are doing good ( on fire ) better watch it that has a copyright on it.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman