Topic: Should you buy another guitar?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7181/6982139107_f32a882095_b.jpg

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

Re: Should you buy another guitar?

You're on a roll, Guitarpix. Great motivational charts.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

I think your brain is on fire pix keep up the good work!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

So if i understand it right, in the end, you have too many guitars only if you're not making money with them? That's lopsided. I'm sure professional musicians can and do have too many.

But really, can you have TOO many? I think not.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

zguitar wrote:

So if i understand it right, in the end, you have too many guitars only if you're not making money with them? That's lopsided. I'm sure professional musicians can and do have too many.

No no no. It's only if you just jam with your buddies AND you're hiding them at friend's houses.  In fact, the entire chart can be condensed to "If you aren't hiding them, buy more."

Which makes sense.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I think it's aways warranted to buy another guitar.

zguitar wrote:

There's six conditions that lead to you having too many guitars.  1. You have a good balance of electric and acoustic.  2. You cannot remember the names of all the guitars.  3. You have a strat.  4. You have a tele.  5. You hiding some guitars at a friends house.  6. You are not a gigging musician. 

That's pretty rare, I bet. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

So, based on this chart... unless I decide to "switch sides", divorce my husband and marry a woman, I will ALWAYS need to buy more guitars even if I have tons of guitars hiding at friends houses that I cannot name and I am not a gigging musician.  Fair enough.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

mekidsmom wrote:

So, based on this chart... unless I decide to "switch sides", divorce my husband and marry a woman, I will ALWAYS need to buy more guitars even if I have tons of guitars hiding at friends houses that I cannot name and I am not a gigging musician.  Fair enough.  wink

LOL!!!!!!. loved that amy.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Haha! Guess me and Amy's got it made... She must've already seen this before she got her Martin. tongue

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

When the time comes and you see that must buy, gotta have absolutely need or else life will cease guitar(or amp). All reason and factors or equations get thrown right out the window.Don`t they.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

auxi wrote:

Haha! Guess me and Amy's got it made... She must've already seen this before she got her Martin. tongue

Ha ha ha!  Actually, my hubby is very supportive of my affair with Martin.  I have a deposit down on one... just waiting for the income taxes to come in (NEXT WEEK) and I'll have it in my arms.  Now, having seen this chart I believe I can continue purchasing guitars as long as I have the $$!  And here I thought ONE Martin would be the end of the line for me.  YAY!  GAS shall continue!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Oh, gotcha. I thought you already had it. But soon enough. That's really nice of your husband.... I should get one of those. tongue

^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Auxi - Which one should you get, the husband or the Martin?

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Believe me, one Martin is never enough for some reason.  I'd like to get a smaller one next.  Maybe a 000.  But that will be a long way down the road.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Pete, I'm with you.One Martin is never enough. But then one Taylor isn't ,one Gibson isn't, one Guild isn't, one Yamaha isn't. I guess you can see where this is going.

Joe

I think I could make do with one Guild, one Martin, one Yamaha, and one Taylor.  You know, acoustics.  And maybe a Gretsch or a Larrivee. 

- Zurf

18 (edited by naolslager 2012-03-16 21:44:49)

I will consider most any guitar. That's too bad as I should be playing.

You guys are all nuts.  One guitar is enough for anybody.  Thats why I have three.

Zurf wrote:

Auxi - Which one should you get, the husband or the Martin?

Well........Both. (was joking around, her husband sounds sweet is all.)

Zurf wrote:

I think I could make do with one Guild, one Martin, one Yamaha, and one Taylor.  You know, acoustics.  And maybe a Gretsch or a Larrivee.

Or one Breedlove. smile

^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue