Topic: how to put videos on utube

Can anyone exlpalin to me how to upload videos onto utube? I've thought about putting one up but don't know how.

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Re: how to put videos on utube

You first have to open an account with a user name and a password once you get your own page theres an "upload" at the top of the page just follow the directions pick a video file and upload it you  have to fill in the information and make it public if you want others to see it smile

"Growing old is not for sissies"

3 (edited by naolslager 2012-03-14 00:53:25)

I use my digital camera to shot the video. This captures both audio and video. Then I transfer the file to my PC. From there one must have a YouTube account to upload.

Here's my YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/Naolslager? … sults_main

With some cameras or camcorders the format is MOV which is a large file this would take a long time to upload my camera records in this format so I downloaded a free video converter called
anyvideo converter and converted the MOV file to a WMV format this is only a fraction of the large MOV format but very little quality is lost you go from 150 MB to around 15 thats a lot and this format can be quickly uploaded to you tube. smile

Thanks for the help. I have a camera that takes pretty good videos and that's what I planned on using. and It's pretty easy to get them on the computer.

thanks again

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

I recently uploaded a video to Youtube. First very easy, now not so much fun. This process has turned into a techno nightmare. Now I can't get a second video uploaded to save my soul. It fails every time. The more I try to research the problem the more confused I get. I don't even want to deal with the problem anymore. I've wasted so much time trying to do this it's not even fun anymore. I can't believe with all I've accomplished in my life I can't upload a stupid video on Youtube. There's probably a  million garandma's out there in cyberspace who can do it,and I can't. Any way keep your eyes open the Q3hd may end up on the for sale site here shortly.

Joe

Joe if you sign in to your you tube account and get on your homepage the upload is on the right side above just click upload and fill in the information just make sure the file isnt to large like an AVI or MOV convert the file to WMV and you should have no problems if your still having trouble email me smile

Tyson7 wrote:

I recently uploaded a video to Youtube. First very easy, now not so much fun. This process has turned into a techno nightmare. Now I can't get a second video uploaded to save my soul. It fails every time. The more I try to research the problem the more confused I get. I don't even want to deal with the problem anymore. I've wasted so much time trying to do this it's not even fun anymore. I can't believe with all I've accomplished in my life I can't upload a stupid video on Youtube. There's probably a  million garandma's out there in cyberspace who can do it,and I can't. Any way keep your eyes open the Q3hd may end up on the for sale site here shortly.

Joe

Don't give up tyson, it should work.  You just have to hit upload as Russell said and then browse to find the file you want  to uplaod and do it.  It usually takes up to 30 minutes to upload each file.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Joe, it sounds to me like maybe the file needs to be converted into a smaller size.  I've had that problem before.  Heed Russell's advise about changing the file type/converting and see if that helps at all.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Thanks all. The Zoom program has a direct link to Youtube for up loading so that part should not be a problem but i'm not sure.  As I understand it's suppose to compress the MOV file to WMV but MOV is supposed to be compatable,not sure about that either. Both are listed as such in Zoom's limited user manual. The file is only about  2 1/2 minutes long so it shouldn't be to large.
I have one or two more things to try. Russell if these don't work I'll email you if that's alright ?

Joe

I have problems with direct links to internet sites useing programs it sounds to me like the file is not being compressed I have a simple way to process my videos from my camera I use a card reader its fast just pop the card out of the camera into the card reader it has a usb input and plug it in to a empty port it will upload to your Pictures usually get the ANYVIDEO converter(free) its flawless and fast convert the MOV to WMV and open it in Movie Maker and away you go! smile

Tyson7 wrote:

Thanks all. The Zoom program has a direct link to Youtube for up loading so that part should not be a problem but i'm not sure.  As I understand it's suppose to compress the MOV file to WMV but MOV is supposed to be compatable,not sure about that either. Both are listed as such in Zoom's limited user manual. The file is only about  2 1/2 minutes long so it shouldn't be to large.
I have one or two more things to try. Russell if these don't work I'll email you if that's alright ?

Joe

Joe, you also may want to look up Wayne (wlbaye) as I am pretty sure he has the same Zoom as you do.  I'm not sure if he edits his files before uploading, but he may be able to help you out as he should be fairly familiar with the programs you are using.  Also, he plays some similar music as you do and does some nice walk ups and downs like yours.  smile  I know he's working right now, so his internet is limited, but he still could be able to help you out.  Let me know if you need his contact info.  smile

Amy

Everyone ,thanks for all the support. I tried one last time and the video uploaded.I think I rushed the timing on this song a little. Thanks again. Here's the link.

Joe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuVs0fGH … AAAAAAAAAA

Excellent Tyson.  Great job on a great song.  Glad you finally mastered the art of upload.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Nice job!  Video looks good, especially with all the props.  Keep em coming!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Gee, I really like that!  That's one of my favorite songs, and you did a terrific version of it.  Terrific voice and your guitar just sings out beautifully too.  I don't think you rushed it at all.  It was a little faster than I've heard it from Willie, but that doesn't make it wrong.  I think it worked very well, that it wasn't rushed, was a good steady tempo, and the bass runs were clean and clear.  Did I mention that your guitar sings out beautifully?  Because it does.  Terrific job! 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

EXCELLENT!  Keep em coming!  I enjoy listening to you play, and I'm happy you were able to get it uploaded!

Thanks to everyone. The best thing about the whole Chordie family is that helping the next person succeed it formost. I truely enjoy the input from everyone.
Thanks
  Joe