Topic: March Madness

In the spirit of our sports oriented threads, this one should be for the discussion of the NCAA basketball tournament.  Anyone do a bracket?

Kentucky looks good. I think Syracuse and Duke don't make the round of 8 (my upset picks) and I'm going to direct anyone that thinks the tourney devalues the regular season to go watch my UW Huskies in the NIT.  smile

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

Re: March Madness

I love the tournament, in my opinion it's the best tournament in sports. I'm a huge Duke fan but I'm also very honest, and a realist, I have Duke losing to Baylor in the Elite 8, though it's possible they won't make it that far. I have UNC playing Kentucky for the Championship, though UNC losses have all come on the road. A team with a freshman laden class such as Kentucky has never won it, but this yr may be the exception, UK looks almost unstoppable, so I have Kentucky winning it.  Syracuse has lost Fab Melo so that really hurts their chances. It promises to be a great tournament and if someone can upset Kentucky, the tourney could be wide open this year.

Keep a fire burning in your eyes
Pay attention to the open sky
You never know what will be coming down

I didn't do a bracket this year because I always pick with my heart instead of my head (which leads to an early exit). So all I can say is GO WOLFPACK and whoever is playing the tar holes!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

And --- good to see ya Cam -it's been a while. Check out the skype posts in chat and join us if ya can - they have been a blast!

I am not a big fan of basket ball but I owe jerome one for suppoting the 49ers during football season so go Huskies!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Cam - sorry to see your Dookies go out so early, you know what they say, live by the three.....

But I am so pleased to see the Pack going to the sweet sixteen for the first time in 7 years. Hope you are pulling for us.

Hey jerome. I somehow missed your post here and started another with the same title. Sorry about that. Any how I'm a miserable 21 for 45 and my brackets look sad. Syracuse is my only hope now and that won't make a lot of difference considering how many picks I've already had go down the tubes. Maybe next year

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

8 (edited by jerome.oneil 2012-03-19 06:57:48)

Well, if your bracket doesn't look like Dresden right now (Duke, Missouri, Michigan, and Georgetown all gone in the first or second round) then you're a heck of a prognosticator.  And lets be fair, if it weren't for the three additional Syracuse Orangemen in the striped uniforms, UNC-Asheville would have been the first 16 seed to ever send a 1 seed packing.

Great tournament.  And I agree, it is the best tournament in sports.  Win, or go home.  Just how it aught to be.

Oh  yeah, and my Huskies aren't in this one, despite winning the PAC-12 regular season.  The Pac-12 is horrible for basketball this year, and the only two teams selected were Colorado because they won the Pac-12 tourney, and Cal, which while terrible, has a slightly better record than UW.  Cal lost to Southern Florida in the first round, and Colorado got thumped by Baylor by almost 20 points in the second.   If you want to see PAC-12 basketball now (and I don't recommend it, bunch of underachievers) you gotta go watch the NIT, where they're a #1 seed.

If only my Dawgs hadn't lost to South Dakota State.  At home.  By 20 points.  Then they'd get some respect...  tongue

With OSU, OU, Cincinnati and Xavier making the Sweet 16, there are a lot of happy fans here in Ohio.

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Forgot to take my picks home with me this weekend so I checked out my brackets when I got back to work today.  I've still got 12 teams alive in the sweet 16 and all of my final 4 picks are still in it. (MSU, KY, OSU, Kansas).  I've got OSU over KY in the final. (yeah, I'm a homer)

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

11 (edited by jerome.oneil 2012-03-28 04:57:48)

Not NCAA related, but my Huskies just lost a heartbreaker in OT to Minnesota in the NIT Semi-finals.  They played like their typical underachieving selves in the first half, and then came on like gangbusters in the second to make up a 15 point deficit in the second.

Oh well!

Jerome if it helps,I am still rooting for your Huskies!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

13 (edited by jerome.oneil 2012-03-29 00:27:37)

NIT is a single elimination tournament, too, so we'll have to wait until next year to root for 'em.

Football season starts in August, though.  smile

Well I tried,I watched our espn football stations today, Looks like Purcells will be the Saints coach for the upcoming season. They are also going too change some more rules!!

They put the hammer down on the Saints, although given all the "reduce injuries" rule changes, I can't say that comes as a surprise.

I think bill purcells is a great couch but he is militant the way he treats his players. I know one rule they want too put in is reviewing all turnovers!!