Topic: He's one of us!

Check this out. I love his honesty:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/muc/2913214623.html

Re: He's one of us!

Las Vegas area? Wait a minute, did you place that ad Baldy?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ve posted the same ad only worded differently and in a paragraph. If he were in the worcester area, I would be replying.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I hope someone has invited him to Chordie and the cyber jam nights smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

absolutely ONE of us!  Perfect!  I hope you contacted him BGD and at least invited him to cyber jams (which I think you still need to get in on)!  speaking of which... I will be making a new thread here shortly!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Baldguitardude wrote:

Check this out. I love his honesty:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/muc/2913214623.html

Sounds like a band I would fit into!

He has indeed been emailed. smile

Ouch Z. I know at least a tiny bit of music theory. wink

Like this guy already. Tell it like it is brother! I'm looking forward for this guy getting in on Chordie.

Our intuitions serve us well

sounds like he would fit right in,is he a football,sports fan?

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

Honesty is good.  Lets hope he joins up.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Thought I could at least check out the gracious invitation...had a lot of responses to the Vegas ad but, Vegas is small by city size comparison and the guys that did respond, all knew each other and were not particularly liking each other for some kooky reason...here, if you play music, it's probably in a basterdized bar band so, everyone knows everyone....cept me..bottom line is, the attempt failed cause of attitude..... as for me, I'm on the other end of the mic...I mix sound professionally but, I love to play....I'd say I'm probably around a 5 on a 1-10 scale...better than total hack, but still not good enough for a "real" band....anyway, can you clue me in on how this works?...I imagine it's a video Skype thing right?...but still not sure how everyone hears everyone else as a band.....is there a way to watch you guys?.....

Cheers
Paul

WELCOME TO CHORDIE Paul! 

As you can see, we were all very impressed by your post on craigslist.  We're happy you decided to join us here.  Please, take some time and wander around the forums.  Also check out the songs that are available... chordie works more like a search engine grabbing the songs hosted on other sites and putting them into an easier to read/find format.  Check the "Chat Corner" http://www.chordie.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=16 every now and then to find out about the Skype Jams.  They really are much more like picker circles than jams though.  With Skype, we can really only hear one person at a time... but if you wanted to play along with another you could completely mute your mic and go for it, for the fun aspect of playing along.  In order to join the Skype gathering, you just need to make sure you download the most recent version of Skype for free (at least 5.0), have a free skype account, have a webcam and mic and speakers, and then add me in (I'm mekidsmom there as well as here).  I say ME because I have a premium account and at least ONE person has to have one of those on Skype in order for the group video call to work.  I believe BGD also has one, and perhaps another member but I'm not sure yet.  No one else... so far... has said they do.  I haven't figured out my personal schedule yet and planned another skype call as of yet, but I will be soon so keep your eye on the chat corner.  We just had a call last night and it was pretty fun.  Now mind you... on a scale of 1-10 I think I'm about a 2 or 3 as far as playing goes, but I can sing alright.  Some others are probably closer to an 8 but their voices may not be wonderful.  We're a group of folks who encourage one another with what they've got!  I do hope you can join us!!!!

Amy

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Interesting....I checked to see if I had a Skype account, it's expired but, it's easy enough to reinstate.....suppose I'll need a web cam to if I want to join.....let me know when your next get together is and I can at least check it out.....I forgot to mention I can sing, certainly not on a "pro" level but, I can hang on a few...anywho, nice to meet you guys and keep me posted....

Cheers

Hi Paul, welcome to Chordie and hope to meet on the 'cyber campfire evenings' smile.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Paul I'll jam with ya. I have had the same experience as you. I live in Silverado Ranch...

Hey Paul,welcome to chordie from Auburn. Vacation capitol of the world .You will get to know a lot of new people here.Almost loke an extended family sometimes.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.