Topic: NGD!!!!!!! I am in love!

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/556014_3607279139254_1191936679_33462324_57650590_n.jpg

This is my new baby.  It's a Martin 000-15M and ... it plays like.... wow... and it sounds like..... mmmmm.... it's awesome!

Now, I just have to work on my fretting and picking techniques so that I do not put the awesomeness of this instrument to shame with my poor skills!

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Re: NGD!!!!!!! I am in love!

Awesome!!! Can't wait to hear it at the jam tomorrow night!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Prrrreeeettttttttyyyyy!

Congratulations MKM. Can't wait to hear it tomorrow.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

Beautiful guitar . . . rustic, simple, classic.

Brilliant! I am very happy for you. I love the 000-15M. Enjoy.

Awright Amy !!!!

Congrats!!

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

Amy, Congrats on your new Martin. I know the wait was worth it. New guitars can kick start new song ideas. Hope you can write a new song with it. Have fun.

Joe

amy I think it is great!!!!!,I love it. I will have too keep saving my martin money too get my own. You deserve this!

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

BEAUTIFUL!!! So jealous... LOL. Have the most fun with it!!

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Happy For You. Enjoy!

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

YAY NGD!!! Pics please. Oh sorry, so used to asking.

While I can't share in your joy of a Martin (too much hype), I can definitely share in your joy of warm fuzzies playing something you love.

CAUTION:

Being in love with your new guitar can have the following side effects:

Lack of sleep
Bleeding finger tips,
Sink full of dishes,
Hungry family,
Unpaid bills,
Angry neighbors,
Sore cheeks from smiling,
and a Hoarse voice.

Please take care in the operation of such addicting instruments.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

13 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-03-23 07:35:08)

That is a beauty. Congrats to you Amy

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Excellent MKM - I'm sure this will compliment your voice nicely. Hopefully check in on Skype tomorrow (6am Sat here) and have a listen.

Epiphone DR500
Taylor 710Ce-Ltd
Epiphone SG400
Fender Squier CV50 Telecaster

If it sounds as good as your voice it will be a pairing made in Heaven.

Looking forward to this evening.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

I'll tell ya what, if any of you ever get a chance to sit with one of these guitars... do not pass the opportunity up.  Now I realize not everyone likes the same tones as I do, but this guitar is amazing.  It's like several different insturments in one.  When you pick it with your fingers, there's this warm soft tone that reminds me a bit of my classical guitar sound.  With your nails, or a pick it's yet another sound.  When you strum it, there's even yet another sound.  It really is very versitile.  Add to that, I can finally do some extra LITTLE things that make my strumming sound better which I just couldn't really HEAR on the Epi dread although I was trying. 

Seriously, I thought there was fret buzz when I first tried it out and I almost passed it over.  The neck is wider than my dread, and a bit pickier.  The guys in the shop offered to do a set up on it and lower the nut for me for free, but suggested I NOT do that.  They showed me how they finger the frets and how they have no buzz at all on the same guitar.  They advised me that adjusting my playing and perfecting my fretting was the best choice because I am going to get better... much better with this guitar and then will be regretting having lowered the nut.  So, those on the Skype Jam tonight please bear with me and try not to cringe too much with my buzzing.  I noticed the Martin Dreads will hide all those "poor player" mistakes, although this 000 does not.  I just couldn't pass up the tone and beauty.  I know some people think the lack of frills is ugly, but I just think the simplicity of this guitar and the rich mohoganny wood are so darn PURTY!  I hugged my guitar last night.  Yes, I really did hug it.  wink

BTW - I also tried out that Taylor Mini on DE's suggestion, and it is a MIGHTY FINE little guitar.  It does NOT lack in volume compared to other slightly larger guitars like this 000.  It is a bit cheaper also and I would absolutely suggest it to someone that is "anti-Martin" or looking for a small quality guitar in a slightly lower price range.  Tonally, it was a lovely sound... but the rich wood on this 000-15M makes a tone that I just could NOT pass by.  So rich and yummy!

OH and btw Z --- I fell in love with the Martin guitars, not on hype but on playing a few.  I fell even deeper in love when I visited the factory.  Seeing the people that work there, clearly in thier comfort zone... putting LOVE into the guitars they were making and knowing all the craftmanship that goes into these just made the price tag that much more worth it.  I do NOT know what the factory in Mexico looks like, and therefore I made a decision to completely avoid ANY of the guitars Martin makes there.  I can appreciate your steering clear of them because of the hype though.

You are right btw... there are dishes in the sink, a mountian of laundry, and much more.  Sadly, my Mother in law is in the hospital right now with a mild stroke and I haven't yet been able to play my new guitar as much as I'd like.  Of course, it IS a Martin and so it will last me forever, so there's plenty of time for our new love affair.

It's a great guitar.  There's no stopping you now. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

A beauty!  Congrats.  Can't go wrong with a Martin..  I too have one (HD28) and I'm still in love with it 6 years after purchase..   they live up to all the hype about 'em..  Enjoy.
Deb

Congrats AMY, you deserve it!

Having a great guitar like that, you will naturally get better at playing because you will probably pick it up more often.  Proud of you and enjoy the great sounds that come out of it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Oh wow, I love mahogany acoustics, and a Martin to boot, just lovely. Nice one Amy

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Amy, As a Martin and Taylor guy I have 2 of each. Love all of them.I got each one for it's tonal qualities. I have had a few less hypped brands that sounded as good as any of these. A copule of them I wish I'd kept. You go with what sounds good or feels good to you and what you can afford. You can have fun with any brand of guitar that's really what it's all about. But you should grab that dream guitar when it's right for you.
One other thing to help make this guitar stay perfect. Remember to humidify your guitars. I have done this for years and it' keeps the whole guitar from drying out. Drying out causes finish and top cracks ,make your top sink in and make your overall tone suffer. A simple soundhole humidifier is all you need. Any music store will have them. It's a cheap insurance policy for a nice instrument.

As Tyson says, don't forget to humidify.  There are all kinds out there, but I keep my Martins humidified with the Dampits.  I think they are probably the best.  Man, I'm excited for you.  I know how I felt when I first got mine.  And don't be afraid to strum and pick the hell out of it.  It's good for them.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Amy now you can go too american idol,you have guitar too match your voice,if I get any more rattlesnake rattles I will send you one if you like,most of the players put them in thier acoustics around here. I have one in each of mine.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman