Topic: multi neck guitars

Check these out. Some of the coolest stuff I've seen. http://www.guitar-muse.com/multi-guitar … magic-4509  Some look a little difficult to play but they're all very cool

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

Re: multi neck guitars

Amazing pictures. I can't begin to think about how to play one of those. The thought makes me dizzy. I know people can do it, I just don't want to consider how much practice and patience it takes.

In the 60's I owned a Mosrite twin neck solid body guitar with twelve strings on the top neck and six on the bottom. Both necks sounded great but the thing weighed 40 pounds. Even a wide shoulder strap had me getting numb in my left arm standing up at a four hour gig.
It was stolen from my house by a former band member.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mosrite-Joe-Map … 671wt_1037

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

4 (edited by joeyjoeyjoey 2012-03-22 07:45:36)

I played an old Ibanez 6-12 string once. The 12 string side played like a dream. I put it down right away. I could feel a case of GAS coming on. I didn`t even try the 6 string side. As far as a doubleneck mosrite goes. Has anyone ever seen a Moserite that wasn`t dripping with cool. No matter how many necks it has.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

tubatooter1940 wrote:

In the 60's I owned a Mosrite twin neck solid body guitar with twelve strings on the top neck and six on the bottom. Both necks sounded great but the thing weighed 40 pounds. Even a wide shoulder strap had me getting numb in my left arm standing up at a four hour gig.

40 pounds! Jimminy Christmas, I bet when you played "The Weight" you knew what you were singing about. (That's a song by The Band--you probably know that . . . I like to play it cuz it's got a Bm once in ever verse line.)

M.B. wrote:
tubatooter1940 wrote:

40 pounds! Jimminy Christmas, I bet when you played "The Weight" you knew what you were singing about. (That's a song by The Band--you probably know that . . . I like to play it cuz it's got a Bm once in ever verse line.)

You are absolutely correct, M.B. We played that song when it first came out. Nowadays I do a comedy version of it entitled "Take the Fat off my Fanny" about Nutrisystem. E-mail me if you would like the lyrics. The music is the same.
toots

We pronounce it "Guf Coast".
Ya'll wanna go down to the Guf?

I don't want the lyrics Toots.  I want to hear it!  PLEASE play that on one of the Skype calls. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

8 (edited by M.B. 2012-03-23 02:23:55)

Zurf wrote:

I don't want the lyrics Toots.  I want to hear it!  PLEASE play that on one of the Skype calls. 

- Zurf

Yeah, me too! I love that song "Jenny, I got your number" you do with your grandson.  YOu can send me the lyrics for your song on email, I think just click on my email thingy by my name.

BTW, Toots, I always thought the line was "Take a load off, Annie." Not, "Take a load off, Fannie!" Sounds like the punch line to a joke! Even my brother did too, and he was the one who taught me the song. I looked up the song on Wikipedia, and it said that Robbie Robertson got the name "Nazareth" from the label on his Martin guitar. (I bet you already knew that!) Now if I were to be inspired by a location on the label on my guitar it would read "Made in China"!

Hey, there might be a song in that . . .

Song In Thatby M.B.

[G] This laminate guitar

Has [Bm] come from very far,

[C] Designed in Carolina

But [D] made by kids in Indo[G]china. [G7]

[C]There might be a song in that

But the [G]sound is kinda’ flat,

[C]One day I’ll get my wish:

A gui[D]tar that’s made in Naza[G]reth.

M.B. wrote:

Hey, there might be a song in that . . .

(G) This laminate guitar
Has (Bm) come from very far
(C) Designed in Carolina
But (G) made by kids (D) in Indochina.

That is a great start M.B.!! - Build on that, I'd love to hear it!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sorry M.B. I could not resist the edit to your song. Looking forward to seeing, and hearing, the finished work.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

yes cool site and some what difficult to play. [link to personal commercial site removed by moderator]

bswyers wrote:

Check these out. Some of the coolest stuff I've seen. http://www.guitar-muse.com/multi-guitar … magic-4509  Some look a little difficult to play but they're all very cool

Note from moderator: While links to other people's sites are sometimes permitted as a matter of discussion, linking to one's own blog that does not discuss the topic of the thread and which sells the same product in each blog post was determined by this moderator to be advertising.  Chordie welcomes new advertisers.  To become a new site advertiser, please contact the site administrator.

Roger Guppy wrote:

Sorry M.B. I could not resist the edit to your song. Looking forward to seeing, and hearing, the finished work.

Roger

You guys are awesome!!!! Wow, a little encouragement goes a long way and really puts a smile on your face.

Here's a chorus maybe,

C                 
There might be a song in that
                G
But the sound is kinda’ flat
C
One day I’ll get my wish:
        D                                G
A guitar that’s made in Nazareth.

Roger, I'll learn to do a real format, thanks to your inspiration.

OK so a second edit to add the chorus, and, I added a G7 to bring the chorus in smile.

M.B. If you go to your post and click on edit you will see what I have done to make your song look 'purdy'. You will notice a second {soc} (start of chorus), but this is not normal and a little gremlin made me put it there to keep the formatting true.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply