Topic: NGD ????

Ok,, been trying to figure out the accronym for a while,,,  What do you guys mean by this??? LOLOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Re: NGD ????

New Guitar Day.  Just a short way of saying, hey everybody, I got a new guitar today.  It is always a big time in our lives and we want to share the excitement.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

That's funny Beamer!!!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey man, just ask. Don't burn up your brain. I'm probably the least knowledgeable person here.

Yup, New Guitar Day... it took me a little bit upon joining to catch up too.  That, and GAS... I actually just taught my hubby what that meant a couple weeks ago.  He was amused by my using it in a sentence.  wink

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

and before you ask................ GAS = Guitar Aquisition Syndrome

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Oh! I thought they had been to Taco Bell. Silly me.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Somebody say "GAS"?

Speaking of GAS... I realized as I was moving my bedroom around... I now own 3 guitars, and my husband owns 3 guitars.  That's not counting my son's, just what's in MY room.  There are SIX guitars living in my bedroom.  Um, it seems a bit much but I am not about to give any of MINE UP!  LOL!

Amy; just saying, you "might" be spoiled!  In a good way, of course!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

You've got it bad, Amy.  I had no idea.  And speaking of the original post, along those lines anyway, I have never known what WOOT stands for.  See it all thhe time.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Haha Beamer! But I can't pick on ya, it took me forever to figure it out. smile

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

Yes Jim, I am VERY SPOILED!  big_smile

Pete - I really did NOT realize that we had so many guitars around here.  I will admit, other than the Martin they are all under $300 each, but still.  Mind you, I don't usually play his guitars and he generally doesn't play mine.   Oh, and since I got my Martin my husband is now GASSING for a Gibson.  At some point, we will have to remove some guitars from our bedroom before there's no place for us to sleep.  My three all have a purpose (a classical, a beater, and a Martin) and so do his, (an electric, a beater, and a Fender).  I see how difficult it can be to get RID of guitars now though.

Oh...  Say "Whoot Hoot" out loud.  It's just a hoop and a holler.  smile

The trick is to not keep all your guitars in the same room. That way you don't see the herd together. One in the livingroom, one in the bedroom, one in the basement, heck just get one for every room in the house. Then no matter where you are, if he urge strikes you an axe isn't far away.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

As you purchase the finer guitars, it is a little easier to part with an old one.  That's what I do.  I have three, but if I ever buy another, I will probably get rid of the lesser model.  We all do it differently.  I usually give an older model to grandkids or good friends who may be learning.

I am considering dispersing mine throughout the house. I'd like to have on win my "office" which unfortunately is actually a sitting area in our bedroom. The wife may not like that. I used to keep one at work but I am in a new office now with too many eyes and I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression about my priorities.

For me 3 does seem to be the magic number. Cue the Schoolhouse Rock song!

You might consider a uke for the bathroom.  You can't get enough practice in, you know.

Roger Guppy wrote:

and before you ask................ GAS = Guitar Aquisition Syndrome

Roger

Well I was on the right track I thought it was Guitar Addiction Syndrome.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

mekidsmom wrote:

Yes Jim, I am VERY SPOILED!  big_smile

Pete - I really did NOT realize that we had so many guitars around here.  I will admit, other than the Martin they are all under $300 each, but still.  Mind you, I don't usually play his guitars and he generally doesn't play mine.   Oh, and since I got my Martin my husband is now GASSING for a Gibson.  At some point, we will have to remove some guitars from our bedroom before there's no place for us to sleep.  My three all have a purpose (a classical, a beater, and a Martin) and so do his, (an electric, a beater, and a Fender).  I see how difficult it can be to get RID of guitars now though.

Oh...  Say "Whoot Hoot" out loud.  It's just a hoop and a holler.  smile

Amy that is what Wall Hangers are for! :-)Hmmm Average room 3 or 4 to a wall staggared. yep sounds good to me.

Hee hee... we have 4 hanging on the walls... my Martin lives in the case, and the hubsters cheap one travels the house.  wink

Hey hey hey, it's NG(well "C" for now) Day
We just bought some new wheels, I subtly noted that since it was her car (the C) I should snag a new guitar...
She suggested it was really mine and she'd just pick up some new clothes.  *sigh*
We shall see...

Good luck with that jgreen.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

lol  Thanks Zurf... gonna need it me thinks
Jim

24 (edited by jgreen 2012-04-16 22:48:57)

Well, that's settled... and we decided to share the car.  So, less closet space for me is in the offing but -- it's N*G*D for me so I won't hardly even notice.

A friend is culling his crop and has a Martin D15 circa 2001 more or less; all mahogany body, one piece back, well seasoned and sounding sweet!  if the ad is still up there's a pic at 
<edit: URL removed, ad no longer posted  JG>

I'll post couple here if I can figure out how but it looks a lot like the one Guitarpix posted on naolslager's thread.
This one does have the Martin D15 mahogany top label inside.

Gotta go make some noise smile
Jim