Topic: Free guitar strings?

Hi All!!!

Came across this link and wanted to know if anyone else has seen it or done it? It sounds well and good. I read the terms and conditions (click on the "we respect your email privacy" above the guitar. The third party advertising cookie thing sounds a little strange, I don't know how that stuff works tho.

Sounds to good to be true.

http://www.guitarstringsforlife.com/signupnew.php?a=FB2

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Free guitar strings?

I would be a little aware of any cookies these can be safe if they only store loggin information but they also can be used to spy on you or infect your pc with a nasty virus free isnt always good.

"Growing old is not for sissies"

It actually looks fairly legit.  Basically you can expect to get your email inbox BOMBARDED with advertisements.  Also, free is only for the strings.  They are still requiring you to pay $2.98 domestic shipping and handling, AND they don't say what type of strings they are going to provide you for free.  So, it makes me wonder if they are just strings that normally cost around $5, which you could buy in bulk yourself and end up paying the same price as the shipping and handling ends up being per package of strings. 

They also DO state that they will share your email with third party advertisers... so pretty much they ARE going to sell your email address.  You are NOT going to just get bombarded with adverts from them, but from everyone they make money off of by handing them your email.  I don't think it's worth it for $3 strings personally.

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

Amy's correct. These guys just look like they are trying to farm data. Easy solution if you want to try their service: register a free hotmail or gmail account. Set it to forward to your "real" email account and then give them the new one. If you start to get nailed just turn off forwarding. wink

To their credit, they have a much better privacy policy for subscribers than most online marketers do.  It appears that they do all the e-mailing themselves, which is fantastic for us...that is unless they plan to violate CAN-SPAM.

FWIW the business is owned by a musician, or so it appears. Here's his Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/bradenrawlingsmusic

I tried this link, someone sent it to me while ago. They send basic strings that if you bought locally or online from major supplier in 5 or 10 packs u can save money going taht route. As for sharing your email info, all I can say is do they ever. I actually ended up giving up on that email account and opened  a new one after that. That was my bad for not using the junk account info anyhow. I pretty sure most of us have a account for that. Yes they are legit, however , it is true when they say you get what you pay for.

I would much rather pay for my strings now, get what i want, and save money in the long run. If you picky about strings there is no other way.

2.98 may buy you a lot more aggravation than it is worth. Guitar center always has some kind of sale on strings. It probably is a better deal in the long run.3 for 10.00 for brand name strings. No annoying Emails. Plus you don`t have to wait for them. Remember, if it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

I agree. I'd rather pay a little more and get what I want.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Some music stores have on the counter what I call "THE BOX". A box full of discontinued or the last few of something they won`t be carrying anymore. A lot of times they will have strings. I seem to see a lot of bass strings in there.It`s great if you need cheap strings or some kind of accesory. I have bought a lot of strings from them and I havent been burned yet. Try it

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.