Topic: What is in your car cd player right now? Is it what you play?

Do you play what you listen to. I play in a hard rock band. While driving in my truck this morning I had THE MANHATTEN TRANSFER in the cd player.Usually I have Leonard Cohen in the player. I don`t play any of these with a band. On my own time I do. What do you play on your time? Is it what is in your car right now?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: What is in your car cd player right now? Is it what you play?

SRV, but I'm not good enough to play any of his music.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Amy Sky's 'Cool Rain'. I absolutely love that album.

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

4 (edited by dino48 2012-04-10 21:27:21)

ELTON JOHN his greatest hits #2 some of the songs I can play,he has some wild chord changes.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I don't often use the CD player in my truck.  I have a few CD's produced by friends playing their own music in the truck.  When I forget my iPod I usually play one of those. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

dino48 wrote:

ELTON JOHN his greatest hits #2 some of the songs I can play,he has some wild chord changes.

Blame Bernie Taupin! LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Currently I have a Data disk that contains , one song by Grits, My life be like,  Betty Blowtorch, Are you man enough, Labertta Sued, The Ramones Anthology, Red Fang, Sex Pistoles,  and SKUNKWEED.  They are a SanAntonio based comedyish band. here is a clip of a few of their songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi90yK7w … re=related  (song styarts at 4:16)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCOMFlS7 … ure=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1dJ8Bd … ure=relmfu

yep thats some fun music,, but you cant have teh kids in the car! LOLOLOL

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

My Jeeps radio hasn't been turned on in months smile I never listen to music while driving. I like to hear the roar of the engine and tires smile

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

beamer wrote:
dino48 wrote:

Blame Bernie Taupin! LOLOLOL

Can't blame Bernie for chord changes, he only wrote the lyrics. smile

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

ELO's greatest hits. Great band, great songs and hugely underated. Bev Bevans Slingerland drums sound awesome.

Jerry

Live the life you love, love the life you live

Freddie King turned up.

badeye    cool

one caper after another

Joe bonamassa.

bensonp wrote:

SRV, but I'm not good enough to play any of his music.

Few are.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

I have to take my 8 year old son to school every morning so in my cd player is a cd that I put together for him. Some things on it I play. It's about 1/2 kids stuff(veggietales, worship songs from camps he's gone to, and a few from animated movies he likes) and 1/2 my stuff(Beach Boys, CCR, Queen, Elvis, Tom Petty, The Who). He digs my stuff!!!!

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now it's  a Bluegrass Gospel group called Paul Williams and The Victory Trio. I do some of the songs.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

I have a fairly limited collection of cd's but invariably I end up with an Alice in Chains Cd in the player. Been an AIC fan for about 20 years, most of the songs I know how to play are AIC so I listen to them alot.

The hubster has my car these days.  Generally when I go somewhere I blare the radio (usually a country channel), unless the kids are with me, then I often have no choice but to listen to the Justin Beber CD over... and over... and over... and over...  roll

Art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder.
What constitutes excellent music is in the ears of the listener.

I usually have a CD in my truck of recorded tunes of mine so I can listen and critique myself.  My sons have accused me a being full of myself, but it often seems the best way for me to be objective about what I have recorded and figure out where to do things different.  Oh well, that is just me being me!

Find a Path or Make One    This is a motto I have been following my entire life and one I am currently using with my music.
Big Jim from Ashville Ohio

Currently in my CD player ..  The Black Lillies..  yes, I do a couple of their tunes with my band.  Give 'em a listen if you haven't heard of them..  you won't be disappointed..
Deb

I have an unusual combination of Mike Marshall's "Gator Bait," and a shiny US nickle, placed there by my son in an experimental effort to see if the the CD player would emanate Thomas Jefferson singing along.

Needless to say, Gator Bait is stuck in the player, and has been for some time.  Good thing I like that disk.

The other car has integrated bluetooth so I play music directly through my mobile phone. I don't think we've ever used the CD player.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]

I'm kinda like you Jerome and don't play cds. But not exactly for the same reason. LOL, I drive an old Jeep - before the 'modern' age of cds. So it plays cassetts. Luckily, the Jeep came with about 5 tapes (Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Lone Star, etc.), but unluckily the tape player is broke sad. So I'm stuck with the radio, which is okay, but it only plays one station - and it's definitely not my favorite station... *Sigh* So I just sing. smile

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

I had a truck like that Auxi.  It wouldn't play the tapes.  Just spit them back out.  The radio would turn itself on from time to time.  It wouldn't matter what station I had programmed the last time it had played, when it turned itself on it would play a Country station.  It was a Ford truck used primarily to get my canoe to the river or bikes to the trail, so pretty much any other kind of music would have been inappropriate anyway.

usually play the ipod but I think Little Feat Waiting for Columbus has been in there for about 6 months. Previous 6 months was Tom Waits Small Change

I used to be disgusted; now I try to be amused.
Elvis Costello

Haha, Zurf! It's a problem. My radio cut on one time playing Country Boy - Alan Jackson - clear as a whistle. But it only kept playing for like an hour. sad Thought about getting a new radio. Still may. Anyway, if I did have a cd in my car it'd probably be some Martina McBride or Lauren Alaina, or a new fav, Eden's Edge.

"absolutely epic and really really loud" ~Zurf
                            ^
                      Life right?
Katie tongue

I had an '97 Mazda that had no radio at all.  Just a blank plate where it would normally go. Five speed manual, vynl bench seats....  I'd spend an hour in silence on the way into work, and another hour in silence on the way back.

I loved that truck.

Someday we'll win this thing...

[url=http://www.aclosesecond.com]www.aclosesecond.com[/url]