1 (edited by easybeat 2012-04-21 22:22:51)

Topic: What`s your favorite Beatles song?

Thought i would post this topic to try and get some of those who don`t usually comment in the forums
joining in.

On most topics you get a few comments,but also hundreds of views.
Often it`s the same 20 people joining in.
Really looking forward to your reply.
Please if you view, give us a comment!   thanks very much. B.

The King Of Audio Torture

Re: What`s your favorite Beatles song?

Without a doubt "Yesterday"

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

"A Day In The Life"

What is yours easybeat? No fair posting a question like this without giving your own choice! smile

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

Sgt pepper

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

RUN FOR YOUR LIFE  off the Rubber Soul album.  It is such an angry threatening song. Everyone must have related to it at one time or another when they were young. That has to be one of the toughest questions ever asked.Took a lot of thought.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Topdown, I`m working on it,so many to choose from.i guess i like sooooo many i can`t nail it down to just one( or even a few)

I`ve been reading a book about the beatles,they where asked by their record co. to have an album ready for the xmas market (1966?)they had already had 1 album that year.
They wrote and recorded all the tracks for Help in 8 weeks.amazing!

I may be wrong but HELP was the soundtrack for the movie and Rubber Soul was the last album for 1965.Revolver came out in 1966.If you look at the discography, The beatles had a phenomonal amount of albums in the first two years. How many groups do that now.?

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

topdown wrote:

"A Day In The Life"

What is yours easybeat? No fair posting a question like this without giving your own choice! smile

Ditto on A day in the life,my favorite album is Abby Road.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

9 (edited by zguitar 2012-04-22 01:35:16)

Wow this is a toughie. First one that comes to mind is Can't Buy Me Love.

+1 with Tops. You need to answer your own question.

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, it's "Across the Universe"--maybe because I'm working on it. But even if I wasn't, it's still wonderful.

Lady Madonna,,   love that beat,,,,

badeye     cool

one caper after another

12 (edited by easybeat 2012-04-22 04:50:45)

ok ok ok,i`ll tell you mine.
love me do
all my loving
things we said today
no reply
i`ve just seen a face
if i needed someone
got to get you into my life
a day in the life
all ya need is love
back in the ussr
hey bulldog
long and winding rd
golden slumbers medley

there you go, 1 song (from each album) sorry i cheated,best i can narrow down

yeah the 8 week album was Rubber soul

Shame on you, you ask for one favourite and then post 13 yourself!!!!!! lol smile wink smile lol

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Hard to choose Just "1".....
But I think it's probably "Something" from the Abbey Road album.
Just love the guitar riff by George..
ark

Tough question, eb, but for pure "sound" I love "I've Just Seen a Face". It's a remarkable song.

My favourite song to play and sing is "Mother Nature's Son".

Hank's prosepctive gutiar player said: "Mr Williams, I'm not sure I can play for you, the onliest chords I know are C D & G"
Hank repleis, after a short pause: "Well, what else is there?"

Octopus's Garden - It's just so silly.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Maxwells silver hammer should come down upon your head for asking me to choose just 1 favorite song. I could'nt even choose just 1 favorite album. It's the Beatles - just gotta love them all.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

I can choose one favorite album. That is Rubber Soul. I always thought of it as a crossover album. Going from holding your hand. to letting it be.Kind of like a bridge between the beginning and the end

Enjoy Every Sandwich

Ill keep mine at two though I love the early stuff,   The two I really like are

While my guitar gently weeps and

Norwegian Wood - the bird has flown.

Thoes two always pop up at unexpected times while zoning out or driving (and day dreaming ).

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

It's the Sergeant for me as well... or rather his Band...

At the moment it's "Something". A few weeks back I sang at a local event called "Beatles Day" - 12 solid hours of Beatles music performed by local artists (mix of pro and non-pro). It's a lot of fun...

" Old Guy is Rocking"
Simon & Patrick Pro Flamed Maple (mmm, nice...)
Norman ST68 acoustic

Very tough question indeed..  for today, my favorite is I'll Follow the Sun.  Great tune, awesome harmonies..  love it.  Ask tomorrow..  hmmm.  Almost need to ask what song off of a particular album..  even that would be tough.. 
Deb

'Hey Jude'  is a beautiful song with a big orchestra and 4 minute fade out. Beatles at their peak. very 1960s.

every new beatles album that came out was my favourite till the next one. abbey road has to be my no1. i never liked let it be. i thought it was because they were in the process of splitting up and the bad vibes came over. then i bought the remixed version thinking that would make it better. but all it did was make my hackles rise for what they did to the best song on the album which was across the universe. so i've only ever played it once...what a waste of £10!

my favourite song must be......nope cant chose just one, sorry. luv em all

Ask not what Chordie can do for you, but what you can do for Chordie.

though totally a paul song, blackbird is my one and only.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat