Topic: I love applecare

Computer went down last week - 4th time in as many months. Apple said "we've replaced these parts several times. We're just going to give you a new computer. That ok?"

Hell yes it's ok! I paid $2800 retail for this mofo and I just got a brand new one for free. Woo ha!!!!!

Re: I love applecare

Apple is pretty good about that kind of thing,I wish I could afford one.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

So your 4 month old, $2,800 computer breaks down 4 times in as many months and you're happy about getting a new one? Me, I'd be looking for a different model (or brand) of computer.

I've had the same Dell desktop for 5 or 6 years never had a problem with it until I installed I-Tunes. I've got a 400+ CD library on there that I still can't get to since the latest I-Tunes update.

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

$2800!?!?!??! Wow. What do you use that thing for, launching the space shuttle?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

No it's 3 years old...just started having problems recently.

^ OK - That makes a huge difference! Good for you and applecare - Dell would tell me to pound sand after a year!

Rule No. 1 - If it sounds good - it is good!

topdown wrote:

I've got a 400+ CD library on there that I still can't get to since the latest I-Tunes update.

Get rid of Itunes completly,, I wont allow it on any of my computers. 

Try the free version of Media Monkey. I have been using it forever. but ,,,, then they went and changed it to where it looks like I tunes. WHY?????  There is noting wrong with the program,, It just looks too busy for me.  but if your used to I tunes, then it may not be an issue. 

I have actually gone back to WMP 10. Or whatever the latest version is.

I would still like the previous Media monkey.  But what can you do?

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I've never used Applecare but I love my Apple. I switched my personal computer to a Mac Book Air about a year ago. I was tired of having to "tune-up" my PC every time i wanted to use it. It was like owning an MG (car) - I always had to be tinkering with it. I'm at a point where while I can tinker I'd rather just drive. My Mac Book Air just works. Simple.

Now I am trying to convert the family through an insurgency I devised (with the help of Apple of course). First, introduce the family to the iPod & iPhone then the iPad, then computers writ large. We have 4-5 iPods in the house, two iPhones, and hopefully Mother's Day will bring my wife an iPad.

Before you know it we will all be speaking Latin and we'll never know what happened. Darn Romans!
dj

iTunes is horrible.  It's like the new AOL.  Remember how AOL used to automatically download upgrades and soon just the program took up 2/3 of your hard drive.  iTunes is like that.  About once a week I get a 78mb download, or larger.  It's relentless.  Plus, it doesn't recognize any media player but my iPod.  And it's a pain in the neck to organize and get to do what I want done.  The free Microsoft player is easy to use, accepts my phone, my GPS' media player, my wife's MP3 player, my daughter's MP3 player, etc. 

Worse is that if I copy a CD to iTunes, I have to copy it again to the Microsoft program.  Pain in the butt to have to have two different loads of the same music to my computer because Apple wants to be proprietary.  Of course, they want to sell more iPods, but when I can buy a reliable, easy-to-use MP3 player that has expandable memory for $50 and it costs hundreds to get an iPod with enough memory to be worth while, that's not going to happen.

Harder to use software, proprietary delusions of importance, and expectations of spending four times as much as necessary to get a device that has a lot of extra capability (none of which I want) are ridiculous. 

As far as computers, the last time I looked I wanted to buy an Apple.  I had certain features that I wanted.  I ended up purchasing a laptop for myself, one for my wife, a computer for my kids, a printer, and a faster wireless router for less money than just the Apple laptop would have cost. 

I know Apple is the standard for musicians and graphics artists, and for good reason.  But for everyday use, I just don't see it. 

I'm glad they took care of you by sending you a new computer.  That's good customer service.  For what they charge, they darned well better provide good service. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Zurf,
I too have found iTunes disappointingly difficult to use. IMO, surprising coming from Apple. Yes, Apple's seem to be expensive but, at least in my case, the darn things works every time i open it.

My original goal was to divorce myself from Microsoft. i am over their bloated, always-needing-a patch software but I was forced to load MS Office on my MAC so I could be compatible with the rest of the word. It was a bitter pill only offset by the fact I bought the MS OFfice Suite for $79 at a college bookstore. I would have never paid the $300-400 to buy the retail version.

When I first got the MAC I wanted to throw the thing severals times as i couldn't figure it out - I'm NOT a teen-ager but alas I conquered the differences and now i love it.
dj

zguitar wrote:

$2800!?!?!??! Wow. What do you use that thing for, launching the space shuttle?

Amen brother! I could have a screaming, water cooled gaming machine that would be three times as fast as the Mac and better too! Macs are good for one thing: Graphic Design. Other than that they are overpriced and under performing paperweights.

Oh...FYI: Mac is no longer virus free. Seems the bad boys on the hacker side are targeting apple products and have apple on the run.

I use it for work....internet marketing, a teenie bit of design, and recording. I agree that they're overpriced but I'm hooked. PCs piss me off.

I'm now in the same boat as DJ. Love it.