Topic: New user saying howdy

Howdy.

Saw the guy who asked if it's OK to start after 30.  I sure hope so, because I started a little less than a year ago when I was already in my 40's.  I've tried at times in the past and couldn't get the hang of six strings.  Four is more my speed.  Anyway, this last time I just ignored all the instructional books, got a chord picture book, downloaded some chords for songs, and started to play the songs NOTHING like the covers.  However I felt like it is how I played them, and still do.  If I ever play for someone else, it'll be on the back deck or around a campfire.  I'm not looking to play on a stage or make a name.  Just having some fun, not really caring how it sounds to anyone else so long as it brings a smile to my face.  This site has been a boon. 

Anyway, I've got nothing important to say, but I registered to be able to put together a songbook and not having anything to say has never stopped me from saying it before, so here I am saying nothing for two paragraphs. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

2 (edited by badeye 2007-06-27 21:28:10)

Re: New user saying howdy

Welcome Zurf. Like me , I just play for the sheer fun of playing around camp fires or kitchen jams. Mistakes I made are all a learning process. Started at 47 bout 18 months ago.
Never too late.

Have a good one ...Badeye.

one caper after another

Hi Zurf!
Welcome to chordie. Hope you have fun and I look forward to more posts from you. Even if it is about nothing, it's still nice to hear from everyone.

"Nobody paints by ear so why would I play guitar by sight?" hmm

Hi Zurf,

You have received a welcome from Canada and one from the USA so I would like send a welcome to you  from a Brit in Portugal.

The chat corner is the informal place to pass the time of day with new and old Chordie friends (all the serious, well mostly serious, stuff happens upstairs in the other sections) but this section is open to non-member also.

Enjoy you time at Chordie and enjoy your playing. It is not a bad thing to play songs the way you see them instead of trying to emulate the original artiste.

Take care,

Roger

"Do, or do not; there is no try"

Greetings and salutations from rainy England! wink

Greetings from rainy England as well.Hope you enjoy communicating with fellow chordians, in fact i dont hope, i know you will.Lots of information and advice from experienced musicians willing to share their knowledge, enjoy!!

Welcome Zurf.  You'll find mostly good people here.

Welcome to Chordie Zurf, all the way from sunny *cough* Scotland.

You'll find that most (if not all) of your questions, should you have any will be answered by fellow Chordians. And I'll stick my neck out and say you'll receive a wealth of helpfull info in all the replies.

Craig.

Blind acceptance is a sign, of stupid fools who stand in line.  John Lydon.

'Mod' is a shorter word for 'young, beautiful and stupid' - we've all been there." - Pete Townshend.

Ceíd Mile Failte, Zurf,
From all the lovely Rusty People on " The Emerald Isle" Not Golden Brown from the Sun!   Rusty from all the rain!  Now where  did i leave my " Rain Coat?"

SOAKED OLD DOLL.

Why Blend in with the Crowd ? When you were made to stand out !

Welcome to Chordie, Zurf, from a Canadian in Berlin.  /Ginger