Topic: hey there.

Hiya chordie, been a minute. Just a simple question from a simple man, where do you find the inspiration to keep playing?

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

Re: hey there.

If I don't play, I get very cranky. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

And when I play too much my Wife gets Cranky smile

Later, Wayne P

Good question......
I think it's probably having a decent guitar that keeps in tune and it's in easy to reach so I can just pick it up and make a noise..
I like to say it was some great need in me that keeps me inspired to make music but no just the fun of it keeps me going.
ark

So far I've been lucky: I love it!
When I'm away from my guitar due to travel, etc. I miss them and can't wait to get my hands back on them. Like I said, just lucky I guess.
dj

Simple. Injure yourself so you can't play, then buy a new guitar and look at it for four or five months. Worked for me.

Don't take life too seriously, you're not getting out alive anyway

7 (edited by dino48 2012-04-27 21:35:00)

It makes me feel good,and I keep my beater guitar next too me on the couch so I grab it alot when A music commercial comes on or just to play anytime . I get depressed at times and if I play I feel alot better. Selso it looks like you did not give an answer too your own question.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

selso wrote:

Hiya chordie, been a minute. Just a simple question from a simple man, where do you find the inspiration to keep playing?

I have asked myself this 1000's of times in the last 20 years due to frusteration, lasck of compatable playing partners, or what ever,   My first answer is:

I JUST HAVE TO PLAY NO MATTER IF PPL THINK I SUCK OR NOT. I DONT CARE WHAT THEY THINK, I PLAY FOR ME AND HOPE OTHERS LIKE IT TOO. (But it is nice when ppl do like what you do wink )

It is probably why I have never been in but 2 garage bands.  I like to play covers, but I really like to write and create. I would rather write originals by myself and anyone who wants to share in the joy of creating.

If we have to have a simple answer: Its in my soul.

It always makes me smile. heavy or soft.

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

I'm with DJ. I just like playing. I do think a lot about playing during the day. But often times when I get home I am just too tired to pick it up. When I do tho, I'm glad I did. Also, for me, it's all the cool songs out there that I want to be able to play. I have a group of about 20 at present, that are charted out ready to go. Then another set of at least 30 that I want to chart out and add to my other group. If I could only knock out more than I add......

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

beamer wrote:
selso wrote:

I have asked myself this 1000's of times in the last 20 years due to frusteration, lasck of compatable playing partners, or what ever,   My first answer is:

I JUST HAVE TO PLAY NO MATTER IF PPL THINK I SUCK OR NOT. I DONT CARE WHAT THEY THINK, I PLAY FOR ME AND HOPE OTHERS LIKE IT TOO. (But it is nice when ppl do like what you do wink )

It is probably why I have never been in but 2 garage bands.  I like to play covers, but I really like to write and create. I would rather write originals by myself and anyone who wants to share in the joy of creating.

If we have to have a simple answer: Its in my soul.

It always makes me smile. heavy or soft.

Gee beamer, I wish you were up here. It gets sickening sometimes playing with perfectionists.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

i dont know, as messed up as it sounds 90 percent of whats out there or on the radio, i feel like i can write a better song. hate maybe keeps me inspired? hearing that 10 percent that just blows me away is inspiring and crushing at the same time. i think i just like the conquest.

Everything is bad including me
But being bad is good policy
Reverend Horton Heat

When I found out that by learning a few chords, even if they were inexpertly and very slowly formed, I could make sounds that sounded something like the Dylan songs my Dad was always playing, I was hooked. It was just so awesome that I could actually make "music." I also really like the fact that learning the guitar is a series of challenges that seem really hard at first, but if you're not too down on yourself, and give it some time, you can gradually learn to do something you couldn't do before. Plus, what you learn to do can bring pleasure to other people and is beautiful in itself.

Those are some of the things inspire me to keep playing the guitar.

I play for myself. I just like making music, but after playing for 20 years sometimes the inspiration waxes and wanes.  It always comes back within a few weeks and I see the possibilities afresh .

#1- I love it.  #2- I see what it means to the folks at the Nursing Homes to have someone put out the effort, And #3 I keep finding songs on "chordie" that I had forgotten and never thought I could play but am learning.

When the Power of Love overcomes The Love of Power the world will be a better place.

Ha,   my wife say's " how many guitars do you need" so i play a different one each nite.

{just acquired a fender twelve string that she hasn't seen yet, "another dust collector" as she puts it},,   but i loves her,,,    ha

badeye     cool

one caper after another

16 (edited by JJ ember 2012-05-01 16:14:29)

My insperation comes from many many things but to sum it up it comes from who I am. Singing and playing for me is like talking with my soul, it just comes out in a melody. For me it's the best way to allow my heart to fly. Whenever I'm singing or playing it's like I'm in my own little world, a world of beauty and solace. I give all the glory to God for my talents. I have played and sang for large groups as big as 300 people and I love the way Music touches peoples lives. I don't mean to boast here it's just what i've seen. I was sitting down at the park the other week just playing and singing away and the next thing I know I had over half a dozen kids sit down and clap to my music. Music is a power, one you can use for the good of the world.

Without music life would be a journey through a desert.

I Cor 14:15

Simply love it..  I try to play everyday.

The best money I've ever spent has been on camping gear, whitewater boats, fishing rods and guitars. My guitars have been friends that have helped me through bad times and enjoy good times. Seems whenever my "pickin' fever" slows down a little, I'll hear someone say something interesting or read some clever phrase or create some little lick that just HAS to be put in a song.

DE

I want to read my own water, choose my own path, write my own songs

was drilling a metal plate just before christmas and the bit in my drill snapped ,it was a 5mm drill bit and it went through the nail of my index finger left hand, right through and into the wood the plate was clamped to. What a mess. Fretting hand, ouch. Did'nt play for months, whenever I tried it was so painful. But now I've been back to it for a while Ifind I cant put the guitar down cos I missed it so much. Learning Wherever You Will Go by The Calling at the moment and just loving it.

the chordie geordie

I just love to play. I want to get better and if I don't play it just will not happen. I like the feeling I get when I learn a song and, after practice, can play it fairly well. Since I have been off work for nearly a year, due to an injury, I have a lot of time to play. I also find that when things get gloomy I can virtually lose myself in the music. I have sat down intending to play for half and hour and then find I was at it for three hours. Time means nothing when I am playing.

It really makes me happy.

I'm glad you've recovered gtx. 

- Zurf

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Thanks Zurf

the chordie geordie