Topic: My silliest move to date

In actuality I guess you could call it my stupidest move guitar wise in a LONG time.  Yesterday after doing a bathroom repair, I caught myself picking at the tip of my index finger with my thumbnail.  After a couple of seconds I thought "OH no your gonna peal off the callous on your finger.  Well long story short I stopped myself just in time to save MOST of the Callous well the part that I don't really use much.  So now I am re-living the painful past of re-building callous on my index finger. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  I BETTER remember this because "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it.  Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Re: My silliest move to date

Once in awhile mine get where they are peeling off a little.  I try to wait until they are mostly off until I pick it off.  Its hard not to pick at them.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

My callouses fall off every fall. I can't do anything to stop it. I molt.

This very true... I have also learned though a previous dumb trick...... NEVER EVER play your guitar right after showering or bathing.... tore up my fingers really good that time lol

"This very true... I have also learned though a previous dumb trick...... NEVER EVER play your guitar right after showering or bathing.... tore up my fingers really good that time lol"

i just stopped bathing to avoid this.  funny thing is now i have no one to play to.  hmmm.

I've never really had callouses...  I mean they got a little tougher but no real callouses....  Maybe it's because I play about 80% in barre and that eases the pressure on my finger tips.

[b][color=#FF0000]If your brain is part of the process, you're missing it. You should play like a drowning man, struggling to reach shore. If you can trap that feeling, then you have something.
[/color][/b]         [b]Peace of mind. That's my piece of mind...[/b]

i use a emory board on my calluses to keep the sharp edges gone so that they dont hang up and get ripped off