Topic: Larrivee OM-03 @ $350?

Crack or no crack this might be a good deal. There's got to be more to the story don't you think. Maybe the back is missing or the neck is "removable"?

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/msg/2991237059.html

Re: Larrivee OM-03 @ $350?

It'd be a heck of a campfire guitar for someone.  It might have dried out too much to get the crack.  I doubt that if it doesn't go through and if it's only a hairline crack that it would make much difference.  Shoot, Detman101's acoustic had a hole from someone's foot going through the top and it still plays.  Trigger (Willy Nelson's guitar) has a huge hole in it.  What's a little crack?

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Looks good, but wait!  What's this? "Sapele Back & Sides."  SAPELE??!! Never, sir. I'd rather stuff my girlish heart with chestnuts, wrap it in bacon, and have it fed to common curs, than purchase a guitar with even a hint of sapele!  Let us never speak of this monstrous wood again!!

It's wood.  Just because Sapele isn't what others want to say that it is doesn't mean that it's not a decent wood for making a guitar.  You can't impute the dishonest or ignorant behavior of Craigs list sellers to the wood. 

- Zurf

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

Looks like they have already deleted it, or sold it.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

Zurf wrote:

It's wood.  Just because Sapele isn't what others want to say that it is doesn't mean that it's not a decent wood for making a guitar.  You can't impute the dishonest or ignorant behavior of Craigs list sellers to the wood. 

- Zurf

Zurf, don't mistake me for somone who knows what she's talking about.  Wait--

M.B. wrote:

Looks good, but wait!  What's this? "Sapele Back & Sides."  SAPELE??!! Never, sir. I'd rather stuff my girlish heart with chestnuts, wrap it in bacon, and have it fed to common curs, than purchase a guitar with even a hint of sapele!  Let us never speak of this monstrous wood again!!

M.B. The FUNNIEST thing i've read in a while! Where do you come up with this stuff?
dj

Glad you got a laugh!

That paragraph comes from Jane Austen's "Guitars and Prejudice" . . . the part where the proud and condescending Darcy brings his Martin GPCPA4 (sapele back and sides!) to a ball at Netherfield, and then makes fun of Miss Bennet's Luna guitar while celebrating his own guitar's tonal purity.

LOL!

M.B. wrote:

Glad you got a laugh!

That paragraph comes from Jane Austen's "Guitars and Prejudice" . . . the part where the proud and condescending Darcy brings his Martin GPCPA4 (sapele back and sides!) to a ball at Netherfield, and then makes fun of Miss Bennet's Luna guitar while celebrating his own guitar's tonal purity.

But wait, there's more...and it gets better! Hilarious. Thanks.

Good one M.B. Ya had me laughing so much, my wife had to know what was going on. She is a Jane Austen fan.

Live in the "now" - a contentment of the moment - the past is gone - the future doesn't exist - all we ever really have is now and it's always "now".

bluejeep wrote:

Good one M.B. Ya had me laughing so much, my wife had to know what was going on. She is a Jane Austen fan.

I'm a fan, too. We're reading "Pride and Prejudice" in English class. At first, I didn't understand the story at all, but after my teacher explained some of the history and culture, it began to make sense. It's fun to try to talk in Jane Austen style!

M.B. wrote:

It's fun to try to talk in Jane Austen style!

Emma Thompson has made a career of it!