Topic: Has anyone ever had a song give them nightmares?

Heres a wierd subject.Have you ever had a nightmare about a song. One was "BETTER CHANGE" by Dan Fogelberg. Was heavily into substance abuse then and the words in this song were in a nightmare.  The other is  "MARY PROVOST' by Nick Lowe. It is a true story. It was a song I loved to play. So I looked up Marie Prevost online and read the whole story and saw pictures of her and everything.(BIG MISTAKE). Now that there is a face to match the name, every time I play this I have a nightmare about it. Go figure.Strange but true. How many of you has this happened to. And if it has, which song.

Enjoy Every Sandwich
Nothing In Moderation  -- Live Fast. Love Hard. Die Young And Leave A Beautiful Corpse. -- Buy It Today. Cry About It Tomorrow.

Re: Has anyone ever had a song give them nightmares?

No nightmares,only daytime when I hear rap,hip hop and heavy metal.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

I'm hearin' ya Dino....

dino48 wrote:

No nightmares,only daytime when I hear rap,hip hop and heavy metal.

A five yr old could understand this. Somebody fetch a five yr old !
Groucho Marx

JJJ I'm thinking it's just you. Maybe that substance abuse had something to do with it?

Keep Rockin!!!!!!!!!!!

MacArthur Park, but only while I'm listening to Rachmaninoff put to bad pop lyrics.

Granted B chord amnesty by King of the Mutants (Long live the king).
If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom
When in doubt ... hats. - B.G. Dude

Haha ! Anything ever sang by Michael Bolton and/or Celene Dion...And Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville (due to overexposure).

Give everything but up.

I never learned Margaritaville, and not by accident.  Once you know it, you've got to play it anywhere there's beer, and there's beer in a whole lot of places.  I substitute Blake Shelton's "Some Beach" for Margaritaville.  It's not as over-exposed, it's based on a pun, and it is easy to strum.

If it comes from the heart and you add a few beers... it'll be awesome! - Mekidsmom

There have been several that have given me nightmares to learn....but thats aboout it!

My ambition far exceeds my ability

Can say that's ever happened to me.  Very strange indeed.

You can see all my video covers on [url]http://www.youtube.com/bensonp1000[/url]
I have finally found happiness in my life.  Guitars, singing, beer and camping.  And they all intertwine wonderfully.

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" gave me nightmares. The lyrics scared the heck out of me:

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
Santa Claus is coming to town
He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice
He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

I cried and pouted, and I was naughty, so I thought Santa was going to get me. I was always  afraid to sit on Santa's lap.

M.B. wrote:

"Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" gave me nightmares. The lyrics scared the heck out of me: that funny MB,I once played santa for my sons and friends and my youngest got on my lap and started crying Real bad. I will never play santa again!

You better watch out
You better not cry
Better not pout
I'm telling you why
He's making a list
And checking it twice;
Gonna find out Who's naughty and nice
He sees you when you're sleeping
He knows when you're awake
He knows if you've been bad or good
So be good for goodness sake!

I cried and pouted, and I was naughty, so I thought Santa was going to get me. I was always  afraid to sit on Santa's lap.

my papy said son your going too drive me too drinking if you dont stop driving that   Hot  Rod  Lincoln!! Cmdr cody and his lost planet airman

ONly song that ever haunts me is "LITTLE MISS DANGEROUS" by Ted.  -- always brings back the memorie of the girl who was "suppposed" to be divorced, found that out when I had a 6in S&W pointed at me.--- ( yea gimmi 3 steps was not even in my mind at the time, It was more of im GTFO and spitting gravel)

“Find your own sound.  Dont be a second rateYngwie Malmsteen be a first rate you”

– George Lynch 2013 (Dokken, Lynchmob, KXM, Tooth & Nail etc....)

Not exactly the song itself but the video from Tom Petty's Don't Come Around Here No More scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.  It seems pretty tame now, but I was 9 or 10 at the time and was probably a bit too sheltered!  Between the pignosed baby and seeing Tom Petty cut into Alice and pull out a piece of cake, I couldn't watch MuchMusic (Canadian version of MTV) for months.

Lifgrd wrote:

Not exactly the song itself but the video from Tom Petty's Don't Come Around Here No More scared the hell out of me when I was a kid.  It seems pretty tame now, but I was 9 or 10 at the time and was probably a bit too sheltered!  Between the pignosed baby and seeing Tom Petty cut into Alice and pull out a piece of cake, I couldn't watch MuchMusic (Canadian version of MTV) for months.

I've seen that video! It IS creepy. But I like watching it.

Yep!

"Rhythm is gonna get you" by Gloria Estefan.

I thought she was talking about some kind of monster back when I was 7. It didn't help that the song has some kind of beastly sound in it with scary sounding keyboards.

Lasted for months.

I didn't find out what the song was about til my mid-teens.

Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Detman101 wrote:

Is that when the rhythm got you? 

- Zurf

Zurf wrote:
Detman101 wrote:

Is that when the rhythm got you? 

- Zurf

Nah, didn't get me then.
Though I am actively chasing it down now...lol.

=p
Dm

"Talent instantly recognizes genius,
but mediocrity knows nothing more than itself."

-Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle

Most I ever got was the dreaded "BRAIN WORM".  <shudder>  That's bad enough!!

"I don't have pet peeves...I have whole kennels of irritation."  --Whoopi Goldberg